* The product images are for reference only. Generic equivalents may also be supplied by alternate manufacturers.
How And Where To Buy Aggrenox Online?
You can buy Aggrenox online through our Canadian International Pharmacy at huge savings. We offer RX and OTC medications online with a valid prescription from your doctor. At Canadian Pharmacy World, your health is our priority. You can place the order online, by mail, by fax or toll-free over the telephone at 1866-485-7979.
Are There Alternative Names For The Brand And Generic Aggrenox?
Aggrenox is available from Canada and Australia manufactured by Boehringer Ingelheim. The generic form of Aggrenox is Dipyridamole/Acetylsalicylic Acid comes from India also called Arreno manufactured by Intas Pharma. The generic Dipyridamole/ASA from Canada is also available.
What Dosages And Forms Is Aggrenox Available In?
The branded as well as the generic form of Aggrenox (Dipyridamole/Acetylsalicylic Acid) is available as 200 mg/25 mg capsule in polypropylene bottles containing 60 capsules.
What Is Aggrenox Used For?
The medication Aggrenox is used for the prevention of a stroke in patients who had a prior stroke or a transient ischemic attack
(known as a mini-stroke). Aggrenox (Dipyridamole/Acetylsalicylic Acid) belongs to a class of drugs known as antiplatelet drugs. Platelets are the type of blood cells that clump together during blood clotting. Aggrenox acts by preventing the early formation of blood clots (a process called as thrombosis).
What Are The Possible Side Effects Of Aggrenox?
Most of the side effects caused by Aggrenox are mild and temporary. Some patients who take Aggrenox may develop a severe headache due to the dilation of the blood vessels in the brain caused by the dipyridamole component of the drug. This headache tends to decrease and goes away as the body gets used to the medicine. Other side effects of Aggrenox include bleeding from the nose, bleeding from the gums when eating or brushing teeth, blood in urine or stools, bruising more easily. If you notice excessive bleeding, call your doctor immediately. Some common side effects of Aggrenox are diarrhea, nausea, dizziness, dyspepsia, abdominal pain, anemia, hypersensitivity reaction with rash, urticaria, bronchospasm, edema, migraine-like headache, vomiting, fainting, muscle pain, bleeding inside the brain. Some uncommon side effects include stomach ulcer, rapid heartbeat, low blood pressure, bleeding inside the eye, hot flashes. These are not all the possible side effects of Aggrenox. In case you experience any unexpected effect from Aggrenox, call your doctor right away.
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions for Aggrenox?
Although no studies have been performed with Aggrenox on its effects on the ability to drive or use machines, symptoms such as dizziness, confusion have been reported in the clinical trials. Hence, if you experience such symptoms while taking Aggrenox, you should avoid hazardous tasks such as driving or operating machinery. There are increased risks of bleeding with chronic and heavy use of alcohol while taking Aggrenox. If you consume three or more than three alcoholic drinks daily, tell your doctor about it.
If you are going to have a surgery, tell your surgeon that you are taking Aggrenox. Your doctor might ask you to stop the medication 10 days before the surgery.
Do not take Aggrenox if you:
• Are allergic to acetylsalicylic acid or dipyridamole or any other components of Aggrenox
• Are allergic to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS)
• Have active stomach or duodenal ulcers or other bleeding disorders
• Have asthma, rhinitis or nasal polyps
• Have fructose or galactose intolerance as this medicine contains sucrose
• Are in the third trimester of pregnancy
Before taking Aggrenox always talk to your healthcare professional in case you:
• Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Your doctor will advise you to not take this medication during the third trimester of pregnancy and will discuss with you if it should be taken in the first and second trimester
• Are breastfeeding. Both dipyridamole and acetylsalicylic acid are excreted in human breast milk. Your doctor will discuss this with you
• Consume alcoholic drinks
• Have health problems such as anemia, bleeding disorders such as hemophilia
• Have liver disease
• Have a history of duodenal ulcers
• Have or had heart disease in the past including angina, recent heart attack
• Have gout
• Suffer from abnormal menstruation or vaginal bleeding
• Are taking any other prescription or over the counter medications such as acetylsalicylic acid, other anticoagulants like warfarin, heparin, antiplatelet drugs such as clopidogrel, ticlopidine, NSAIDs, anti-diabetic medications
• Will be having surgery
• Have a history of hemorrhagic stroke (stroke caused due to bleeding)
You should always tell your health care professional about any medications that you have been taking or are going to take including prescription and non-prescription drugs, vitamins and herbal supplements. Drugs that may interact with Aggrenox include:
• Other medications containing acetylsalicylic acid
• Other blood thinners such as warfarin or heparin
• Antiplatelet drugs like clopidogrel, ticlopidine
• Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) such as sertraline, fluoxetine
• Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) including ibuprofen
• Methotrexate (used to treat some types of cancers)
• Drugs used to treat gout
• Anagrelide (a platelet-reducing agent)
• Adenosine (used to treat problems related to an irregular heartbeat)
• Cholinesterase inhibitors such as medications used to treat Myasthenia Gravis
• Acetazolamide (used to treat glaucoma)
• Medicines used to treat high blood pressure such as enalapril, captopril, atenolol, propranolol
• Medicines used to treat epilepsy such as phenytoin, valproic acid
• Corticosteroids such as prednisone
• Diuretics such as hydrochlorothiazide, furosemide
• Oral anti-diabetic medications such as metformin
Aggrenox Storage and Safety Information
This medication should be stored at a room temperature of 15°C to 30°C, protected from excessive moisture. The medicine should be kept out of reach and sight of children.
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.