How and Where to Buy Bactrim Online?
You can buy Bactrim online through our Canadian International Pharmacy at huge savings. We offer RX and OTC medications online with a valid prescription from your doctor. At Canadian Pharmacy World, your health is our priority. You can place the order online, by mail, by fax or toll-free over the telephone at 1866-485-7979.
Are There Alternative Names for the Brand and Generic Bactrim?
The generic form of Bactrim is Sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim comes from Canada and is manufactured by Teva Pharmaceuticals.
What Dosages and Forms is Bactrim available in?
The generic version of Bactrim (Sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim) is available in the dosage forms of 400 mg/80 mg and 800 mg/160 mg in the packaging of 100 tablets.
What is Bactrim used for?
The medication Bactrim contains two active ingredients sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. This medication belongs to a class of medicines known as antibiotics and is also known as co-trimoxazole. Bactrim is used for the treatment of bacterial infections in different parts of the body. Sulfamethoxazole in Bactrim belongs to a class of medications known as sulfonamides and Trimethoprim belongs to a group of medicines known as benzylpyrimidines. Bactrim is used for infections such as urinary tract infections, infections in the ear, respiratory tract infections and gastrointestinal infections. Bactrim acts by stopping the growth of the bacteria which cause infection. This medication does not work against infections caused by the viruses such as cold and flu.
What Are The Possible Side Effects of Bactrim?
Bactrim may cause unwanted side effects in some people. Some of the side effects of Bactrim include nausea, with or without vomiting, diarrhea or other abdominal discomforts, oral thrush (white, furry sore tongue and mouth), vaginal thrush (sore itchy vagina with vaginal discharge). Your doctor might need to treat the thrush infection separately. Tell your doctor immediately in case you notice any of the following:
• Jaundice (yellowing of the skin)
• Severe or watery diarrhea
• Skin rash, peeling of the skin, itching or hives
• Fever, sore throat, lumps in the neck
• A cough and shortness of breath
• A severe or a persistent headache
• Discoloration of urine
People have reported swelling of the face and throat. Elderly people with kidney or liver disease and taking certain medications are at greater risk of developing severe side effects. Some other rare side effects include other allergic reactions, pins, and needles in the hands and feet, loss of appetite, fits, headache, depression, imagined sensations, nervousness, increased or decreased urine production, unsteadiness, dizziness, sleepiness, weakness, tiredness, increased sensitivity to light and stomach pains. In case you experience any of these side effects, contact your healthcare professional as soon as possible. These are not all the possible side effects of Bactrim. In case of any unexpected effect, consult your healthcare professional immediately.
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions for Bactrim?
Bactrim can lead to dizziness, sleepiness, and unsteadiness. Hence before performing tasks that need special attention such as driving or operating machinery, wait until you know how you respond to this medication. Due to increased sensitivity to light caused by Bactrim, sunburn can occur if you get exposed to sunlight for too long. Hence, reduce the amount of time spent in the sun or under a sun lamp.
You should not take Bactrim if you:
• Have had an allergic reaction to sulfamethoxazole, trimethoprim, any other sulfonamide, or any of the ingredients present in this medication
• Have severe liver or kidney disease
• Have any blood disorders or megaloblastic anemia
• Have streptococcal pharyngitis
• Are taking dofetilide, a medication used to treat irregular heartbeats
• The child being treated is less than 3 months of age
Before taking Bactrim, tell your healthcare professional if you:
• Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. If Bactrim is taken late in the pregnancy, it can harm your baby. Your doctor will discuss the risks and benefits of taking this medication during pregnancy
• Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. Bactrim passes into the breast milk. Your doctor will discuss the risks and benefits of taking Bactrim while breastfeeding
• Have had an allergic reaction to any diuretic medicine (water pills) for diabetes or overactive thyroid. This could increase your chances of an allergic reaction to Bactrim
• Have any type of blood disorder (including porphyria and glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency)
• Have kidney or liver disease
• Have a hereditary disorder called as phenylketonuria
• Suffer from epilepsy (convulsions)
• Suffer from asthma
• Have allergic disorders
• Have rheumatoid arthritis
• Have urinary obstruction
• Have folic acid deficiency
• Are allergic to any other medicines, foods, dyes or preservatives
It is important to tell your healthcare professional about all other medicines that you have taken recently including any kind of supplements and non-prescription drugs.
Medicines which interact with Bactrim include:
• Medicines used to treat diabetes such as repaglinide, rosiglitazone, pioglitazone, glibenclamide gliclazide, glipizide, chlorpropamide and tolbutamide
• Water pills (diuretics)
• Phenytoin, a medicine for treatment of epilepsy
• Pyrimethamine, a medicine for malaria
• Medicines used to treat infections such as rifampicin, dapsone, and polymyxin
• Zidovudine, a medicine to treat HIV infection
• Cyclosporin, a medicine used to treat organ transplant patients
• Medicines used to thin the blood such as warfarin, acenocoumarol, phenprocoumon
• Medicines used to treat certain heart conditions such as digoxin and amiodarone
• Amantadine, a medicine used to treat the influenza virus and Parkinson's Disease
• Memantine, a medicine used to treat Parkinson's disease
• Urinary acidifiers (for kidney conditions
• Oral contraceptives
• Sulfinpyrazone, a medicine used to treat gout
• Salicylates, medicines to treat conditions such as psoriasis or warts
• Medicines used to treat cancer such as paclitaxel, mercaptopurine, and methotrexate
• Clozapine, a medicine used to treat schizophrenia
• Medicines used to treat overactive thyroid conditions
• Medicines used to treat depression such as imipramine, clomipramine, amitriptyline, dothiepin, doxepin, nortriptyline, and trimipramine
• Immunosuppressant medicines such as azathioprine and methotrexate
• Medicines used to treat high blood pressure as well as a variety of heart and kidney conditions such as captopril, enalapril, lisinopril, fosinopril, perindopril, quinapril, ramipril, trandolapril valsartan, telmisartan, irbesartan, candesartan, eprosartan, losartan, dofetilide, and olmesartan.
Bactrim Storage and Safety Information
The medication should be stored in a cool and dry place at a temperature below 30°C, protected from heat and moisture. It should be kept out of sight and reach of children.
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.