How And Where To Buy Contrave Online?
You can buy Contrave and other Weight Loss Medications
online through our Canadian International Pharmacy at huge savings. We offer RX and OTC medications online with a valid prescription from your doctor. At Canadian Pharmacy World, your health is our priority. You can place the order online, by mail, by fax or toll-free over the telephone at 1866-485-7979.
Are There Alternative Names For The Brand And Generic Contrave?
Contrave is manufactured by Valeant Canada Inc. and comes from Canada. The active ingredients in Contrave are Bupropion and Naltrexone.
What Dosages And Forms Contrave Is Available In?
Contrave is available as extended-release tablets. Each tablet contains 8 mg naltrexone hydrochloride and 90 mg bupropion hydrochloride.
What Is Contrave Used For?
Contrave is prescribed with a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity for weight management in obese patients and overweight patients who have at least one weight related condition such as high blood pressure (controlled by medicine), type 2 diabetes, high amount of lipids or fat in blood. It is not known if it is safe to take Contrave with other weight loss products. It is also not known whether Contrave changes your risk of heart problems or stroke or of death due to these conditions. Contrave contains two medicines, naltrexone and bupropion. These medicines work on two separate area of brain that are involved in controlling eating (hunger and cravings). Take Contrave exactly as prescribed by your doctor. The usual adult dose at week 4 of taking Contrave is 2 tablets in the morning and 2 tablets in the evening. It is to be taken along with a reduced calorie-diet and increased physical activity. Swalow the tablets whole. Do not cut, crush or chew the tablets. Take each dose of Contrave with food, but do not take it with high fat meals as it may increase the risk of having seizures. Do not take more than 2 tablets at the same time or more than 4 tablets in 1 day.
What Are The Possible Side Effects Of Contrave?
Most common side effects caused by Contrave include nausea, constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, vertigo, dry mouth, headache or migraine, trouble sleeping, vomiting, abdominal pain, indigestion, shaking, metallic or foul taste in mouth, sleepiness, tiredness, lack of energy, trouble paying attention, abnormal dreams, flu, excessive sweating, itching, hair loss, ringing in ears, blurred vision. Some of the serious side effects of this medication include new or worsened anxiety and depression, visual problems such as glaucoma, agitation, sadness, feeling over-excited, increase in blood pressure or heart rate, liver damage, hepatitis, seizures, new or worsened behavioral or emotional problems, increased risk of low blood sugar, severe allergic reactions, manic episodes, panic attacks, hallucinations, opioid withdrawal and overdose. These are not all the possible side effects of Contrave. In case of any unexpected effect, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions for Contrave?
Do not drink a lot of alcohol while taking Contrave. Talk with your healthcare professional if you drink a lot of alcohol. If you suddenly stop drinking alcohol, you may increase your chance of having a seizure.
Do not take Contrave if you:
• Are allergic to naltrexone, bupropion or any of the other ingredients in Contrave
• Have uncontrolled high blood pressure
• Have severe liver problems
• Have end-stage kidney failure
• Have or had seizures
• Are taking thioridazine, an antipsychotic medicine
• Use other medicines that contain bupropion such as Welbutrin and Zyban
• Have or had an eating disorder such as anorexia (eating very little), obulimia (eating too much and throwing up so you don’t gain weight)
• Are dependent on opioid pain medicines or use medicines to help stop taking opioids such as methadone or buprenorphine, or are in opioid withdrawal
• Drink a lot of alcohol and abruptly stop drinking, or use medicines called sedatives (these make you sleepy), benzodiazepines, or anti-seizure medicines and stop them abruptly
• Are taking medicines called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs). Do not start Contrave until you have stopped taking your MAOI for at least 14 days
• Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Tell your healthcare professional right away if you become pregnant while taking Contrave
Contrave is not for use in children under 18 years of age.
Before taking Contrave, inform your doctor if you:
• Have or had depression or other mental illnesses (such as bipolar disorder)
• Have attempted suicide in the past
• Have or had liver problems
• Have high blood pressure
• Have or had a heart attack
• Have kidney problems
• Are over the age of 65
• Are lactose intolerant because Contrave contains lactose
• Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. Contrave can pass into your breast milk and may harm your baby. You and your healthcare professional should decide if you should take Contrave or breastfeed. You should not do both
You should always tell your health care professional about any medications that you have been taking or are going to take including prescription and non-prescription drugs, vitamins and herbal supplements. Drugs which may interact with Contrave include:
• Monoamine oxidase inhibitors such as phenelzine, selegiline)
• Opioids and opioid-containing medicines such as codeine, tramadol, loperamide
• Medicines used to prevent malaria
• Antibiotics to treat infections (such as ciprofloxacin)
• Medicines to treat asthma (theophylline)
• Medicines to treat other allergic reactions such as antihistamines and steroids.
• Antidiabetics such as metformin, insulin
• Sedatives such as diazepam
• Antidepressants such as venlafaxine, paroxetine or medicines used to treat other mental health problems such as risperidone, haloperidol
• Anti-hypertensive medications such as metoprolol
• Some medicines used to treat irregular heart rhythm like propafenone
• Medicines used to treat cancer such as cyclophospamide, tamoxifen
• Some medicines for Parkinson’s disease such as levodopa
• Medicines mainly used in the treatment of heart disease or stroke like digoxin, or clopidogrel
• Medicines used in the treatment of HIV infection and AIDS (efavirenz, ritonavir)
• Medicines used to treat epilepsy like carbamazepine, phenytoin
Contrave Storage and Safety Information
Store the medicine at room temperature between 15-25°C. Keep out of sight and reach of children.
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.