* The product images are for reference only. Generic equivalents may also be supplied by alternate manufacturers.
How and Where to Buy Cosopt Online?
You can buy Cosopt and other Glaucoma Medications
online through our Canadian International Pharmacy at huge savings. We offer RX and OTC medications online with a valid prescription from your doctor. At Canadian Pharmacy World, your health is our priority. You can place the order online, by mail, by fax or toll-free over the telephone at 1866-485-7979.
Are There Alternative Names for the Brand and Generic Cosopt?
Cosopt comes from Canada and is manufactured by Merck. Cosopt contains Dorzolamide and Timolol as the active ingredients. The Generic Dorzolamide/Timolol comes from India also called Dorzox-T manufactured by Cipla.
What Dosages and Forms is Cosopt available in?
Cosopt is available as 2%/0.5% eye drops. Each mL of Cosopt contains 20 mg dorzolamide and 5 mg of timolol.
What is Cosopt used for?
Cosopt is a combination of an ophthalmic carbonic anhydrase inhibiting drug (Dorzolamide) and an ophthalmic beta-blocking drug (Timolol), both of which lower the pressure in the eye indifferent ways. Cosopt preservative-free formulation is indicated in patients who may be sensitive to a preservative, or for whom the use of a preservative-free formulation is otherwise advisable. Use the Cosopt eye drops exactly as directed by your doctor. The appropriate dosage and duration of treatment will be established by your doctor. The usual dose is one drop in the affected eye(s) in the morning and in the evening. If you are using Cosopt with another eye drop, the drops should be instilled at least 10 minutes apart. Do not allow the tip of the container to touch the eye or areas around the eye. It may become contaminated with bacteria that can cause eye infections leading to serious damage of the eye, even loss of vision.
What Are The Possible Side Effects of Cosopt?
Most common side effects of Cosopt include eye symptoms such as burning and stinging, blurred vision, itching, tearing, redness of the eye(s), kidney stones and rash. You may sense a bitter taste after putting in your eye drops. Some of the serious side effects of these eye drops include heart effects such as irregular heartbeat, heart block, low blood pressure and allergic reactions. These are not all the side effects of using a Cosopt. If you experience any unexpected effect, immediately consult your doctor.
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions for Cosopt?
Cosopt ophthalmic Solution contains the preservative benzalkonium chloride. If you wear contact lenses, you should consult your doctor before using Cosopt. Do not administer while wearing (soft) contact lenses. Remove lenses before application and reinsert no earlier than 15 minutes after use. Cosopt preservative-free formulation has not been studied in patients wearing contact lenses.
Cosopt should not be used by patients who:
• Are allergic to Dorzolamide or Timolol or any other ingredients in the cream
• Have now or have had in the past certain serious breathing problems such as asthma
• Have chronic obstructive lung disease
• Have certain heart diseases or conditions (such as slow or irregular heartbeats)
• Have severe kidney problems
• Are taking oral carbonic anhydrase inhibitors
• Are breast feeding or intend to breast feed
Cosopt is not recommended for use in children.
Before using these eye drops, patients should inform their healthcare professional if they:
• Have any medical problems now or have had any in the past, lung or breathing (such as asthma or chronic obstructive lung disease) problems or heart problems (such as coronary heart disease, heart failure or low blood pressure)
• Are pregnant or intend to become pregnant
• Are breast feeding or intend to breast feed
• Have kidney problems
• Have liver or thyroid problems
• Have heart rate disturbances (such as slow or irregular heartbeats)
• Have poor blood circulation problems (such as Raynaud’s syndrome)
• Have diabetes or other blood sugar problems
• Have certain eye problems (i.e. corneal defects) or history of eye surgery
• Are planning major surgery, such as eye surgery
It is important to inform your healthcare professional about all the medications that you are taking including any prescription, over the counter drugs as wells as any herbal supplements. Some medications that can interact with Cosopt include:
• Medicines to lower blood pressure (i.e. calcium channel blockers, clonidine)
• Medicines to treat heart disease (i.e. quinidine, beta-blockers)
• Medicines to treat diabetes
• Medicines to treat depression (i.e. selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, SSRI’s).
Also tell your doctor if you are taking large doses of acetylsalicylic acid or sulfa drugs.
Cosopt Storage and Safety Information
Cosopt should be stored at room temperature between 15°C to 25°C, protected from light. It should be kept out of sight and reach of children.
Blog PostImportant Changes Coming to the Pricing of Patented Medicines In CanadaRising Drug Prices In America And The Benefits Of Legalizing Importation
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.