How And Where To Buy Janumet XR Online?
You can buy Janumet XR and other Diabetes medications
online through our Canadian International Pharmacy at huge savings. We offer RX and OTC medications online with a valid prescription from your doctor. At Canadian Pharmacy World, your health is our priority. You can place the order online, by mail, by fax or toll-free over the telephone at 1866-485-7979.
Are There Alternative Names For The Brand And Generic Janumet XR?
Janumet XR is available from Canada manufactured by Merck Canada Inc. The generic form of Janumet XR is sitagliptin and metformin hydrochloride (extended release). There is no generic available for this medication.
What Is Dosages And Forms Janumet XR Available In?
Janumet XR is available in the dosage forms of 50 mg/500 mg, 50 mg /1000 mg or 100 mg /1000 mg as Sitagliptin/Metformin in the form of extended release tablets in bottles of 30 or 60 tablets.
What Is Janumet XR Used For?
Janumet XR is an anti-diabetic medication prescribed by the doctor in addition to diet and exercise for the improvement of blood sugar levels in patients with type 2 diabetes
. This medication can be taken with premixed or long/intermediate-acting insulin. This medication contains sitagliptin and metformin. These two active ingredients work together to help achieve blood sugar control. Sitagliptin helps to improve the levels of insulin whenever the blood sugar level is high, especially after meals. It also helps to decrease the amount of sugar made by the body. Sitagliptin is unlikely to cause low blood sugar (Also known as hypoglycemia). Metformin helps to lower the amount of sugar made by the liver. Both these medicines together, help to achieve better control of blood sugar. Take the medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Janumet XR should be taken once a day by mouth with food preferably in the evening to lower your chance of an upset stomach. The tablets should be taken as whole. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
What Are The Possible Side Effects Of Janumet XR?
Most common side effects caused by patients taking sitagliptin alone are stuffy or a runny nose, sore throat, diarrhea, constipation, nausea, vomiting, abdominal bloating, upset stomach, headache, joint pain, arm or leg pain, back pain, muscle aches, itching, blisters. Some serious side effects of this medication include allergic reactions, low blood sugar, inflammation of pancreas, lactic acidosis, lowering of thyroid function, brain disease, anemia, kidney failure, peripheral neuropathy, vitamin B12 deficiency and hepatitis. These are not all the possible side effects of Janumet XR. In case of any unexpected effect, contact your healthcare professional.
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions for Janumet XR?
When Janumet XR is used in combination with sulfonylurea or insulin, low blood sugar can occur. Your physician may consider lowering the dose of the sulfonylurea or insulin. Take precautions to avoid low blood sugar while driving or using machinery as this medication can lead to dizziness or light-headedness. Since alcohol may increase the risk of lactic acidosis caused by metformin you should not drink a lot of alcohol if you take Janumet XR.
Do not take Janumet XR if you:
• Have unstable or insulin-dependent or type 1 diabetes
• Have metabolic acidosis (including ketoacidosis, history of ketoacidosis or lactic acidosis)
• Have liver or kidney problems
• Drink a lot of alcohol
• Have severe heart problems or heart failure
• Have lack of oxygen in blood
• Are stressed, have severe infections
• Are experiencing trauma
• Are going to have surgery or during the recovery phase
• Suffer from dehydration (your body has lost a lot of water)
• Are allergic to sitagliptin, metformin, or any of the ingredients present in Janumet XR
• Are breastfeeding
• Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
• Are going to receive an injection of dye or contrast agent for an X-ray. Ask your doctor when to stop taking Janumet XR and when to start again
Before taking Janumet XR always talk to your healthcare professional in case you:
• Are older than 65 years of age
• Have severe kidney problems
• Have or had inflammation of the pancreas or any risk factors for it such as gallstones, history of alcoholism, high triglyceride levels
• Are receiving treatment with insulin, since this medication can increase the risk of low blood sugar
• Had an organ transplant
• Have human immunodeficiency syndrome (HIV)
• Have heart problems including congestive heart failure
• Have liver problems
• Have vitamin B12 deficiency or hemolytic anemia
• Have hypothyroidism
Janumet XR can cause abnormal kidney functioning. Your doctor will do blood tests and check how well your kidneys are functioning while you are taking Janumet XR.
You should always tell your health care professional about any medications that you have been taking or are going to take including prescription and non-prescription drugs, vitamins and herbal supplements. Drugs that may interact with Janumet XR include:
• Other anti-diabetes drugs such as glyburide
• Furosemide (a diuretic)
• Nifedipine (an antiarrhythmic drug)
• Drugs that decrease rate of elimination of metformin from the body such as ranolazine, vandetanib, dolutegravir and cimetidine
• Certain blood thinners such as phenprocoumon or other antivitamin K anticoagulants
• ACE inhibitors used to control blood pressure
• Other drugs tend to produce hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) and may lead to a loss of blood sugar control such as thiazide and other diuretics (water pills), ACE inhibitors, corticosteroids, phenothiazines, thyroid products, estrogens or estrogens plus progestogen, oral contraceptives, phenytoin, nicotinic acid, sympathomimetics, Calcium channel blocking drugs, isoniazid, beta-2-agonists
Janumet XR Storage and Safety Information
This medication should be stored at a temperature of 15°C to 30°C. The medicine should be kept out of reach and sight of children.
Blog PostTop 7 Breakthroughs for Diabetes 2 in 2016
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.