* The product images are for reference only. Generic equivalents may also be supplied by alternate manufacturers.
How And Where To Buy Maxzide Online?
You can buy Maxzide online through our Canadian International Pharmacy at huge savings. We offer RX and OTC medications online with a valid prescription from your doctor. At Canadian Pharmacy World, your health is our priority. You can place the order online, by mail, by fax or toll-free over the telephone at 1866-485-7979.
Are There Alternative Names For The Brand And Generic Maxzide?
The generic equivalent of Maxzide is Triamterene/Hydrochlorothiazide which is available from Canada also called Teva Triamterene/Hydrochlorothiazide manufactured by Teva. The brand Maxzide is not available at this time.
What Dosages And Forms Is Maxzide Available In?
The generic equivalent of Maxzide (Triamterene/Hydrochlorothiazide) is available in the dosage form of 50 mg/25 mg in the quantity of 100 tablets.
What Is Maxzide Used For?
Maxzide is prescribed for the treatment of fluid retention (edema) and high blood pressure. Maxzide contains two diuretics
(water pills). One is hydrochlorothiazide that prevents your body from absorbing too much salt, which otherwise can result in fluid retention. Another ingredient is Triamterene, which is a potassium-sparing diuretic that prevents your body from absorbing too much salt and keeps your potassium levels from getting too low. It is generally given to those patients who develop low potassium levels on hydrochlorothiazide alone and in whom low potassium levels cannot be risked.
What Are The Possible Side Effects Of Maxzide?
Most common side effects of treatment with Maxzide include stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea, constipation, dizziness, and headache. Some other serious side effects include blurred vision, dry mouth, eye pain, seeing halos around light, light-headedness, fast, slow or uneven heartbeat, dark urine, jaundice, fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling and red skin rash, high or low potassium levels, electrolyte imbalance, kidney problems, and lupus-like syndrome. These are not all the possible side effects of Maxzide. Contact your healthcare professional in case of any unexpected effect.
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions for Maxzide?
Do not use potassium supplements, salt substitutes, or low-sodium milk while taking Maxzide unless otherwise told by your doctor. Also, avoid a high salt diet since too much salt will cause your body to retain water and can make this medication less effective. Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and hot weather.
Maxzide may impair your thinking or reactions and can cause dizziness or drowsiness. Be careful while doing anything that requires you to be alert such as driving or operating machinery.
Do not take Maxzide if you are
• Allergic or hypersensitive to hydrochlorothiazide or triamterene or any other ingredients in Maxzide or other sulfonamides
• Have kidney disease or are unable to urinate
• Have high potassium levels in your blood
• Are taking other diuretics similar to triamterene such as amiloride, spironolactone
• Are taking potassium supplements (unless your doctor tells you to)
Diuretics like triamterene can raise your blood potassium to dangerous levels. It will happen more likely if you have diabetes, kidney disease, or any other severe illness or if you are elderly. Ask your doctor about your individual risk.
Before taking Maxzide, inform your doctor if you:
• Have diabetes
• Have cirrhosis or another liver disease
• Have heart disease or other heartbeat disorder
• Have gout (increased uric acid levels in the blood)
• Are on a low salt diet
• Have a history of cataract or increased eye pressure
• Have an allergy to sulfa medications or penicillin
• Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known whether this medicine will harm your unborn baby
• Hydrochlorothiazide and Triamterene may pass into breast milk and may harm your nursing baby. Do not breastfeed while taking this medication
This medicine is not approved for use in children younger than 18 years old.
If you see a different doctor, inform him or her that you are using Maxzide.
You should always tell your health care professional about any medications that you have been taking or are going to take including prescription and non-prescription drugs, vitamins and herbal supplements. Medications that can interact with Maxzide include:
• All your blood pressure medications
• Amphotericin B, Methenamine (antibiotics)
• Digoxin (used to treat heart failure)
• Lithium (used to treat bipolar disorder)
• A blood thinner such as warfarin
• Oral diabetic medications such as Chlorpropamide
• Steroids such as prednisolone
• Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) such as aspirin, ibuprofen
Maxzide Storage and Safety Information
This medication should be stored at a room temperature of 15°C to 30°C, away from moisture, light, and heat. Keep out of reach and sight of children.
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.