* The product images are for reference only. Generic equivalents may also be supplied by alternate manufacturers.
How and Where to Buy Parnate Online?
You can buy Parnate and other Antidepressant drugs
online through our Canadian International Pharmacy at huge savings. We offer RX and OTC medications online with a valid prescription from your doctor. At Canadian Pharmacy World, your health is our priority. You can place the order online, by mail, by fax or toll-free over the telephone at 1866-485-7979.
Are There Alternative Names for the Brand and Generic Parnate?
Parnate is manufactured in Canada by GlaxoSmithKline Inc. The active ingredient in Parnate is Tranylcypromine. There is no generic available for this medication.
What Dosages and Forms is Parnate available in?
Parnate is available as tablets in the dosage form of 10 mg.
What is Parnate used for?
Parnate is used to relieve the symptoms of depression. It belongs to a class of medicines known as Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs). Parmate increases the levels of naturally occurring chemicals in the brain called epinephrine, norepinephrine and serotonin, thus relieving the symptoms of depression.
What Are The Possible Side Effects of Parnate?
Some of the common side effects of Parnate include sleep disturbances (insomnia), nausea, dry mouth, drowsiness, weakness, dizziness, loss of appetite, diarrhea, constipation, light-headedness, glaucoma. Immediately tell your doctor if you notice severe dizziness, fainting, blurred vision, sweating, edema, unusual bleeding or bruising, agitation, confusion, muscle spasms or twitches, difficulty passing urine, unusual hair loss or thinning, severe headache, chest pain, slow or fast heartbeat, neck stiffness, enlarged pupils, nausea and vomiting. Some of the serious side effects of this medication include allergic reaction, new or worsened emotional behavior and hypertensive crisis. These are not all the possible side effects of Parnate. In case of any unexpected effect, consult your healthcare professional immediately.
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions for Parnate?
Parnate may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or light-headedness. Do not drive or operate machinery in case you feel any of these side effects.
Certain foods and drinks must be avoided during treatment with Parnate and for two weeks after stopping treatment. Parnate reacts with a chemical, tyramine, found in various foods, which can cause dangerously high blood pressure. Avoid:
• Matured or aged cheeses
• Aged, cured or fermented meat, fish or poultry
• Fermented soybean products, such as soy sauce
• Fava or broad bean pods
• Banana peel (but not the pulp)
• Concentrated yeast extracts
• All tap/draught beers
• Alcoholic beverages
Do not take Parnate if you:
• Are allergic to Tranylcypromine or any other ingredients in the medication
• Have high blood pressure or heart disease
• Have ever had a stroke or any other kind of brain disease
• Have liver disease or blood disorder
• Have a history of frequent headaches
• Have a tumor of adrenal gland
• Are receiving any other antidepressant medication
Before taking Parnate, inform your doctor if you:
• Have any medical conditions including a history of stroke, liver disease, blood disorders, kidney problems, heart disease, diabetes, epilepsy, or overactive thyroid gland
• Have or ever had recurrent or frequent headaches
• Are taking or have recently taken antidepressants
• Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
• Are breastfeeding
• Are beyond the age of 60 years
• Have habits of alcohol or street drug consumption
• Had any type of surgery or are planning to have a surgery
It is important to tell your healthcare professional about all other medicines that you have taken recently including any kind of supplements and non-prescription drugs. Some medications that can interact with Parnate include:
• Other antidepressants, such as other MAOIs, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), serotonin and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) and certain tricyclic antidepressants
• Appetite suppressants such as amphetamines
• Cold or any hay fever medicines (including nose drops or sprays)
• Cough suppressant such as dextromethorphan
• Levodopa and other treatments for Parkinson's disease
• Herbal preparations
• Other drugs that affect serotonin such as pethidine and tryptophan
• Medications which lower blood pressure, including guanethidine, reserpine, methyldopa
• Narcotics and barbiturates
Parnate Storage and Safety Information
Parnate should be stored at controlled room temperature between 15°C and 30°C. Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.