* The product images are for reference only. Generic equivalents may also be supplied by alternate manufacturers.
How and Where to Buy Paxil Online?
You can buy Paxil online through our Canadian International Pharmacy at huge savings. We offer RX and OTC medications online with a valid prescription from your doctor. At Canadian Pharmacy World, your health is our priority. You can place the order online, by mail, by fax or toll-free over the telephone at 1866-485-7979.
Are There Alternative Names for the Brand and Generic Paxil?
Paxil is an antidepressant
that comes from Canada, Turkey and United Kingdom and is manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline Inc. The generic form of Paxil is paroxetine and comes from Canada (including Pharmascience, Sandoz, Sanis) and India by different manufacturers.
What Dosages and Forms is Paxil available in?
Paxil is available as tablets in the dosage form of 10 mg. The generic form of Paxil (paroxetine) is available as tablets in the dosage forms of 10 mg, 20 mg and 30 mg.
What is Paxil used for?
Paxil is indicated to provide relief from the symptoms of depression (feeling sad, change in appetite or weight, difficulty concentrating or sleeping, feeling tired, headaches, unexplained aches, and pain). It is also used to provide relief from panic attacks, social anxiety disorder (avoidance and/or fear of social situations), generalized anxiety or nervousness, obsessive-compulsive disorder (recurrent and disturbing thoughts or feelings, recurrent pattern of behavior), post-traumatic stress disorder (such as anxiety following a car accident, physical assault). This medication belongs to the class of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. It is believed to act by increasing the levels of a chemical in the brain called serotonin.
What Are The Possible Side Effects of Paxil?
Some of the common side effects of Paxil include nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, weakness, drowsiness, dizziness, sweating, tremor, nervousness, agitation, blurred vision, sleep disturbances, weight gain, sexual problems, loss of appetite, diarrhea, abnormal dreams, headache and heavy menstrual periods or absence of periods. Serious side effects of this medication include hallucinations, uncontrolled movements of body or face, inability to urinate, low platelet count, low blood pressure, allergic reactions, low sodium levels, seizures and restless leg syndrome (irresistible urge to move the legs). These are not all the possible side effects of Paxil. In case of any unexpected effect, consult your healthcare professional immediately.
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions for Paxil?
Some people might feel sleepy, dizzy while taking Paxil. In such a case, they should not drive or operate heavy machinery. Drinking alcoholic beverages should be kept to a minimum or avoided completely while taking Paxil.
Paxil can cause an acute attack of glaucoma. Having your eyes examined before you take Paxil could help identify if you are at risk of having angle-closure glaucoma. Seek immediate medical attention if you experience eye pain, changes in vision or swelling or redness in or around the eye.
Do not take Paxil if you:
• Are allergic to paroxetine or any other ingredients in Paxil
• Are currently taking or have recently taken monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor antidepressants (e.g. phenelzine sulfate, moclobemide) or linezolid, a MAO inhibitor antibiotic
• Are currently taking or have recently taken thioridazine or pimozide
Paxil is not for children under 18 years of age.
Before taking Paxil, inform your doctor if you:
• Suffer from any medical conditions such as the history of seizures, liver or kidney disease, heart problems
• Are taking any medications or have recently taken monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor antidepressants (e.g. phenelzine sulfate, moclobemide), thioridazine or pimozide, drugs used to prevent seizures, drugs for Parkinson’s disease, or drugs containing tryptophan
• Are taking tamoxifen (used to treat breast cancer)
• Ever had an allergic reaction to food, medications
• Are taking any natural herbal products such as St. John’s Wort
• Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
• Are breastfeeding
• Have habits of alcohol or street drug consumption
• Drive a vehicle or perform hazardous activities during work
• Had a recent bone fracture or are at the risk of osteoporosis
• Have a bleeding disorder or have a low platelet count
It is important to tell your healthcare professional about all other medicines that you have taken recently including any kind of supplements and non-prescription drugs. Some medications that can interact with Paxil include:
• Other antidepressants, such as SSRIs and certain tricyclics
• Other drugs that affect serotonin such as, lithium, linezolid, tramadol, tryptophan, St. John’s Wort, triptans used to treat migraines
• Certain medicines used to treat pain, such as fentanyl (used in anesthesia or to treat chronic pain), tramadol, tapentadol, meperidine, methadone, pentazocine
• Tamoxifen used to treat breast cancer
• Medicines used to treat patients with irregular heartbeats (arrhythmias)
• Medicines used to treat schizophrenia
• Medicines used to treat bipolar depression, such as lithium
• A combination of fosamprenavir and ritonavir used to treat Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection
• Procyclidine, which is used to treat Parkinson’s Disease or other movement disorders
• Metoprolol used to treat high blood pressure and angina
• Medicines which may affect blood clotting and increase bleeding, such as oral anticoagulants (such as warfarin, dabigatran), acetylsalicylic acid (e.g. aspirin) and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (e.g. ibuprofen)
• Medicines used to treat epilepsy
• Medicines used to treat a cough, such as dextromethorphan
Paxil Storage and Safety Information
Paxil should be stored at room temperature between 15°C and 30°C, in a dry place and in a tightly closed container. It should be kept out of sight and reach of children.
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.