* The product images are for reference only. Generic equivalents may also be supplied by alternate manufacturers.
How and Where to Buy Seroquel XR Online?
You can buy Seroquel XR online and other psychiatric medications
through our Canadian International Pharmacy at huge savings. We offer RX and OTC medications online with a valid prescription from your doctor. At Canadian Pharmacy World, your health is our priority. You can place the order online, by mail, by fax or toll-free over the telephone at 1866-485-7979.
Are There Alternative Names for the Brand and Generic Seroquel XR?
Seroquel XR comes from Canada, Australia and Turkey manufactured by AstraZeneca. The active ingredient in Seroquel XR is Quetiapine Fumarate. The generic of Seroquel XR is available from India also called Qutipin SR manufactured by Sun Pharma.
What Dosages and Forms is Seroquel XR available in?
Seroquel XR is available as extended-release tablets in the dosage form of 50 mg, 150 mg, 200 mg, 300 mg and 400 mg.
What is Seroquel XR used for?
Seroquel XR is used for the treatment of symptoms of Schizophrenia
such as hallucinations (hearing or seeing things that are not there), fixed false beliefs, unusual suspiciousness, emotional withdrawal, depression and anxiety. It is also used in treating symptoms of mania associated with bipolar disorder such as racing thoughts, irritability, aggression, agitation, impulsiveness, excessively elevated mood. Seroquel XR is also used for treatment of symptoms depression associated with bipolar disorder such as sadness, feeling guilty, lack of energy and loss of appetite or sleep disturbance. Seroquel XR is classified as an atypical antipsychotic drug. Disorders that affect the brain such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder occur due to chemical imbalance in brain resulting in various symptoms. Seroquel XR acts by regulating the imbalance in brain thus improving mood, thinking and behavior. Seroquel XR does not provide a cure for condition but helps you manage the symptoms and feel better. Seroquel XR should be taken exactly as prescribed by your health care professional. It can be taken with or without food. Do not change the dose of medication without consulting your doctor.
What Are The Possible Side Effects of Seroquel XR?
Some of the common but serious side effects of Seroquel XR may include increase in sugar, diabetes, postural hypotension with symptoms of dizziness, light-headedness, drowsiness, dry mouth, weight gain, headache, rapid heartbeat, feeling like your heart is pounding, racing or has skipped beats, shortness of breath, constipation, indigestion, feeling weak, swelling of arms and legs, fever, upset stomach or abdominal pain, vomiting (mainly in the elderly), blurred vision, abnormal dreams and nightmares, irritability, feeling more hungry, disturbance in speech and language, and changes in laboratory tests for liver and thyroid functions. Some serious side effects of this medication include abnormal muscle movements, new or worsened constipation, involuntary movements of your face or tongue, allergic reactions, restless legs, seizures, not being able to pass urine, painful and longer lasting erection of penis, combination of muscle stiffness, high fever, marked increase in blood pressure or heartbeats and reduced consciousness (neuroleptic malignant syndrome), blood clots, liver disorder. These are not all the possible side effects of Seroquel XR. In case of any unexpected effect, consult your healthcare professional immediately.
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions for Seroquel XR?
You should avoid smoking, drinking alcohol or using illegal drugs while taking Seroquel XR. Seroquel XR can cause drowsiness in some patients. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery until you know how Seroquel XR affects you.
Do not take Seroquel XR if you have had any allergic reaction to Quetiapine Fumarate or any of its other ingredients.
Before taking Seroquel XR, inform your doctor if you:
• Are taking any other prescription or non-prescription medications
• Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
• Are breast-feeding or planning on breast-feeding
• Drink alcohol or use street drugs
• Have a history of drug or alcohol abuse
• Have low blood pressure or history of a stroke
• Have history of seizures
• Have diabetes
• Have history of liver, or kidney problems
• Have a history of low white blood cell count which may or may not have been caused by other medicines
• Exercise regularly in hot or sunny places
• Have a family history of blood clots, are obese, smoke, or had a recent surgery or take oral contraceptives (all these are risk factors of developing blood clots)
• Suffer from constipation
• Have sleep apnea (condition where you stop breathing for short periods during your normal nightly sleep)
• Are taking medicines that slow down normal activity of brain (depressants) or breathing
• Have a history of urinary retention (a condition where your bladder does not empty or does not empty completely)
Seroquel XR should not be used in mental illness caused by dementia. Seroquel XR increases the risk of suicidal thoughts in children and young adults. Seroquel XR should not be used in children less than 10 years.
It is important to tell your healthcare professional about all other medicines that you have taken recently including any kind of supplements and non-prescription drugs.
Medications that can interact with Seroquel XR include:
• Dopamine agonists, e.g. levodopa (antiparkinsonian agent), may decrease the effect of Seroquel XR
• Other medications that interact with Seroquel XR are carbamazepine (anticonvulsant), phenytoin (anticonvulsant), ketoconazole (antifungal), and protease inhibitors (for treating Human Immunodeficiency Virus).
• Antibiotics such as erythromycin, clarithromycin, antipsychotics such as nefazodone, blood pressure medications such as diltiazem, anticholinergics
Seroquel XR Storage and Safety Information
The medication should be stored at a temperature of 15°C to 30°C and well out of reach of children.
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.