How and Where to Buy Verelan Online?
You can buy Verelan and other blood pressure medication such as Norvasc
and Toprol XL
online through our Canadian International Pharmacy at huge savings. We offer RX and OTC medications online with a valid prescription from your doctor. At Canadian Pharmacy World, your health is our priority. You can place the order online, by mail, by fax or toll-free over the telephone at 1866-485-7979.
Are There Alternative Names for the Brand and Generic Verelan?
The generic Verelan also known as Verapamil (sustained release) comes from Canada. The brand Verelan is not available at this time.
What Dosages and Forms is Verelan available in?
Verelan is available as a sustained release tablet in the dosage form of 120, 180 mg and 240 mg.
What is Verelan used for?
Verelan is used to manage high blood pressure (hypertension), manage and prevent angina, treat and prevent certain types of abnormal heartbeats. Verelan belongs to a group of medicines called calcium channel clockers and interferes with the electric signals in the heart muscles and blood vessels. Always take the medication as prescribed by your doctor. The recommended initial dose in adults for high blood pressure is 120 mg twice a day increasing to 160 mg twice a day. For angina, the usual dose is 120 mg three times a day. Elderly patients with heart or liver problems may be given a different dose. Swallow the tablets whole with water.
What Are The Possible Side Effects of Verelan?
Some of the side effects of this medication include headache, dizziness, pins and needles, involuntary shaking or spasm, spinning sensation, ringing in ears, fast, slow or irregular heartbeat, flushing or reddening of the skin, swelling of ankles, hands or feet, constipation, nausea, vomiting, discomfort in stomach, swelling of gums, hair loss, itching, discoloring, tingling or pricking feeling, blisters, ulcers, numbness, weakness aches, pain in the joints and muscles, impotence, enlarged breasts in men, tiredness, liver problems. Some serious side effects of this medication include palpitations, chest pains for the first time or chest pains becoming more frequent, allergic reaction: itching, rashes, difficulty breathing and swelling of the face lips or tongue. These are not all the possible side effects of Verelan. In case of any unexpected effect, consult your healthcare professional as soon as possible.
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions for Verelan?
Verapamil tablets may make you feel drowsy, particularly when you first start the treatment and when changing over from another medicine. Make sure you are not affected before you drive or operate machinery, especially if taken with alcohol.
Verapamil may increase the amount of alcohol in the body and the time it takes for alcohol to leave the body. You should avoid excessive amounts of alcohol whilst taking Verapamil tablets. Do not eat or drink products containing grapefruit juice while taking verapamil, as grapefruit juice increases the effects of verapamil.
Do not use Verelan if you:
• Are allergic to verapamil hydrochloride or any other ingredients present in this medication
• Have heart failure or severe problems with the impulses and rhythm of the heart, unless you have a pacemaker
• Have heart failure and are taking beta-blockers
• Have recently suffered a heart attack
• Suffer from slow hear rate
• Have low blood pressure
• Have Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome (rapid heart rate sometimes associated with dizziness or faintness)
• Are taking a medicine called ivabradine for treatment of certain heart diseases
Before taking Verelan, inform your doctor if you:
• Had a heart attack
• Have problems with the impulses of the heart (first degree atrioventricular block)
• Have liver disease
• Suffer from kidney failure
• Are going to have surgery. You should tell your doctor you are taking Verapamil tablets if you are having an operation or anaesthetic
It is important to tell your healthcare professional about all other medicines that you have taken recently including any kind of supplements and non-prescription drugs.
Medications that interact with Verelan include:
• Ivabradine (for heart disease)
• Alpha or beta blockers (particularly important if having a beta blocker by injection) and other drugs to treat high blood pressure e.g. prazosin
• Cimetidine (to treat stomach ulcers)
• Phenobarbital, carbamazepine or phenytoin (to treat epilepsy)
• Rifampicin (to treat infections)
• Lithium (to treat depression)
• Theophylline (to treat asthma)
• Digoxin (to treat certain heart conditions)
• Midazolam (used as sedative or anaesthetic)
• Statins e.g. simvastatin, atorvastatin (to lower cholesterol levels)
• Erythromycin, clarithromycin (to treat infections)
• Aspirin (for pain, fever or to prevent blood clots)
• Dabigatran (medicine to prevent the formation of blood clots)
• Quinidine (to treat arrhythmias)
• Colchicine (for gout)
• Immunosupressants such as ciclosporin, sirolimus, everolimus and tacrolimus (to prevent organ transplant rejection)
• Dantrolene (to control muscle spasms)
Verelan Storage and Safety Information
Verelan medication should be stored below 25°C, in a dry place. It should be kept out of the reach and sight of children.
Blog PostWhat is "Forest Bathing" and Can It Really Benefit Your Health
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.