* The product images are for reference only. Generic equivalents may also be supplied by alternate manufacturers.
How and Where to Buy Alvesco Online?
You can buy Alvesco and other asthma medications
online through our Canadian International Pharmacy at huge savings. We offer RX and OTC medications online with a valid prescription from your doctor. At Canadian Pharmacy World, your health is our priority. You can place the order online, by mail, by fax or toll-free over the telephone at 1866-485-7979.
Are There Alternative Names for the Brand and Generic Alvesco?
Alvesco is manufactured by AstraZeneca and comes from Canada. The active ingredient in Alvesco is Ciclesonide. The generic form of Alvesco is not available.
What Dosages and Forms is Alvesco available in?
Alvesco is available an inhalation aerosol in 200 micrograms per 120 doses.
What is Alvesco used for?
Alvesco is used to help breathing problems in asthmatic patients of 6 years of age and above. Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease of the lungs. People with asthma have episodes of difficulty in breathing. The airways in their lungs are very sensitive. During an asthma attack, the airways get smaller, making it difficult for air to flow in and out of the lungs. Alvesco is an inhaled (breathed in) medicine. Alvesco is a corticosteroid that can help ease breathing problems. It relieves swelling and irritation in the small air passages in the lungs. Use the medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. The usual dosage for Alvesco ranges from 100 to 400 micrograms per day. Alvesco can be taken as 1 or 2 puffs once daily either in the morning or evening. Some patients with more severe asthma will require 800 micrograms daily, administered as 400 micrograms twice daily. Your doctor will tell you how much Alvesco to take and how often to take it. You should take Alvesco daily. It is very important that you use your medicine regularly to control your asthma. You should continue to take Alvesco regularly even when you don’t have symptoms
What Are The Possible Side Effects of Alvesco?
Some of the side effects of this medication may include hoarseness and difficulty in speaking, coughing after inhalation, nausea or vomiting, fungal infection in the mouth, headache, bad taste, burning, inflammation, irritation, dryness of mouth or throat, skin rash or eczema. Some of the serious side effects of this medication include sudden wheeziness, chest pain and tightness, allergic reaction, irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, discomfort or pain in the abdomen. These are not all the possible side effects of Alvesco. In case of any unexpected effect, consult your healthcare professional as soon as possible.
If you notice the following warning signs, you should contact your physician as soon as possible or go to the nearest hospital:
• A sudden worsening of your shortness of breath and wheezing shortly after using your fast-acting relief medication or after using Alvesco aerosol
• You do not feel relief within 10 minutes after using your fast-acting medication or the relief does not last for at least 3 hours
• Measurement from your peak flow meter indicates a valueless than 60 percent of predicted or personal best
• You are breathless at rest
• Your pulse is more than 120 beats per minute
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions for Alvesco?
While using this medication, you should avoid coming into contact with anyone who has measles or chicken pox. If you or your child are exposed, tell your doctor right away.
Do not use Alvesco if you:
• Are allergic to ciclesonide or any other ingredients present in this medication
• Have an untreated fungal, bacterial, viral or parasitic infection
• Have tuberculosis infection of the respiratory tract
• Do not use this medication to treat a sudden attack of breathlessness. You may need another fast-acting reliever medication in a different inhaler
• Are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding without first discussing with your doctor
Before taking Alvesco, inform your doctor if you:
• Are suffering from chest infection such as cold, bronchitis
• Are taking or have previously taken steroid medication by mouth or inhalation
• Are taking drugs that suppress your immune system
• Have liver disease or cirrhosis
• Have problems with your thyroid or adrenal gland
• Have or ever had tuberculosis
• Have a fungal infection (thrush) in your mouth or throat
• Have eye disorders such as glaucoma
• Have blood clotting problems and are taking aspirin
• Are taking oral corticosteroid therapy
• Have tumor of adrenal gland that can affect blood pressure
It is important to tell your healthcare professional about all other medicines that you have taken recently including any kind of supplements and non-prescription drugs.
Medications that interact with Alvesco include:
• Antifungal medications such as ketoconazole, itraconazole
• Anti-HIV medications such as ritonavir, nelfinavir
Alvesco Storage and Safety Information
The canister contains pressurized liquid. Do not pierce or burn it. Store at room temperature (15-25°C) and protect from temperatures above 50°C. Do not freeze. Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Blog PostInfographic: Best-Value Asthma Drugs for 2019 Revealed
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.