* The product images are for reference only. Generic equivalents may also be supplied by alternate manufacturers.
How and Where to Buy Axert Online?
You can buy Axert online through our Canadian International Pharmacy at huge savings. We offer RX and OTC medications online with a valid prescription from your doctor. At Canadian Pharmacy World, your health is our priority. You can place the order online, by mail, by fax or toll-free over the telephone at 1866-485-7979.
Are There Alternative Names for the Brand and Generic Axert?
Axert is a migraine medication
. It is available from United Kingdom also called Almogran manufactured by Aimrall. The generic equivalent of Axert is Almotriptan and it comes from Canada manufactured by Sandoz or Sanis Health or Mylan.
What Dosages and Forms is Axert available in?
The generic equivalent of Axert (Almotriptan) is available as tablets in the dosage forms of 6.25 mg and 12.5 mg.
What is Axert used for?
Axert is prescribed for the treatment of migraines with or without aura (visual symptoms such as flashing lights or wavy lines, before a headache) in adults and adolescents aged 12 years to 17 years. Axert belongs to a class of drugs known as selective 5-HT receptor agonists. Migraine headache is believed to be caused by widening of the blood vessels in the head. Axert helps to narrow the vessels and relieves pain and other symptoms of a migraine headache. Axert is to be used only for a migraine attack. Your doctor will decide whether you have a migraine or not. Axert should not be continuously used to prevent or reduce the number of attacks you experience. It should also not be used to treat headaches caused due to other reasons. Axert is not to be used in children below 12 years of age.
If your headache does not get any better after the first dose, talk with your doctor. If your headache comes back, you may take 1 more dose 2 hours after the first dose. Not more than 2 doses in 24 hours.
What Are The Possible Side Effects of Axert?
Some of the common side effects of this medication include nausea, sleepiness, dizziness, tingling sensation, headache, and dry mouth. Some other side effects of this medication include shortness of breath, wheezing, heart throbbing, increased blood pressure, fast or irregular heart rate, tightness, pain or pressure in the chest, and allergic reactions. These are not all the possible side effects of Axert. In case of any unexpected effect, consult your healthcare professional as soon as possible.
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions for Axert?
Axert can cause dizziness, sleepiness. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking this medication until you are sure that you are not experiencing these symptoms.
Do not use Axert if you:
• Have had a serious allergic reaction to Axert or any of its ingredients
• Suffer from uncontrolled high blood pressure
• Have a heart disease
• Have a severe liver disease
• This medication should not be used within 24 hours of treatment with another 5-HT agonist such as Maxalt, Imitrex, Zomig, Cafergot, Migranal or Sansert.
Before taking Axert, inform your doctor if you:
• Have a history of high blood pressure, chest pain, shortness of breath or heart disease
• Are at risk of having heart disease or diabetes such as high cholesterol levels, obesity, smoking, family history of heart disease
• Are a postmenopausal woman
• Are a male above the age of 40 years
• Have or had allergies
• Have or had an allergic reaction to sulfonamides
• Have liver or kidney disease
• Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
• Are breastfeeding
It is important to tell your healthcare professional about all other medicines that you have taken recently including any kind of supplements and non-prescription drugs.
Medications that interact with Axert include:
• Other drugs in the same class such as Maxalt, Imitrex
• Ergotamine-type medications such as ergotamine
• Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) such as tranylcypromine sulfate
• Ketoconazole, itraconazole (Antifungals)
• Ritonavir (An antiviral drug) or erythromycin (an antibiotic)
• Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) or serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) such as sertraline
• Herbal products that contain St. John’s Wort
Axert Storage and Safety Information
Axert medication should be stored at a controlled room temperature, protected from light, heat, and moisture. It should be kept out of the reach and sight of children.
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.