How and Where to Buy Imodium Online?
CanadianPharmacyWorld.com offers Imodium at affordable prices with a valid prescription from your doctor. We also offer other laxatives and anti-diarrhea medications
at reasonable prices. At Canadian Pharmacy World, you have a convenient and reliable access to your healthcare needs at a fraction of the cost. You can place the order online, by mail, by fax or toll-free over the telephone at 1866-485-7979.
Are There Alternative Names for the Brand Imodium?
Brand Imodium comes from Canada manufactured by Johnson & Johnson. The generic equivalent of Imodium also called as Loperamide comes from Canada by a different manufacturer.
What Dosages and Forms is Imodium available in?
Imodium is available in the strength of 2 mg quick dissolve tablets, and liquid gel capsules and the generic Loperamide comes in the strength of 2 mg caplets.
What is Imodium used for?
Imodium provides effective diarrhea (including traveler's diarrhea) relief in adults and children 12 years and over. Imodium also offers an effective medicine to relieve abdominal pain, bloating and cramping associated with gas. It works by slowing down the movement of the gut. This decreases the number of bowel movements and makes the stool less watery. Imodium provides rapid relief of diarrhea by making the stools more solid and less frequent plus relieves gas, cramps and bloating. Loperamide is also used to reduce the amount of discharge in patients who have undergone an ileostomy. It is also used to treat on-going diarrhea in people with inflammatory bowel disease. Loperamide treats only the symptoms, not the cause of the diarrhea (e.g., infection). Imodium should be taken by mouth and can be taken at any time of day. The caplets should be taken with liquid. The chewable tablets should be chewed fully and then swallowed.
What Are The Possible Side Effects of Imodium?
Some of the common side effects of Imodium may include nausea and vomiting, tiredness, dizziness or drowsiness, dry mouth and flatulence. Some serious side effects include severe constipation/nausea/vomiting, stomach/abdominal pain, uncomfortable fullness of the stomach/abdomen, fast/irregular heartbeat, severe dizziness, fainting. These are not all the possible side effects of Imodium. In case of any unexpected effect, consult your healthcare professional immediately.
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions for Imodium?
When you have diarrhea, you will lose a lot of fluids. Therefore, drink plenty of clear fluids, water, unsweetened juices or clear soups. Take the caplets only on an empty stomach (1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal). Do not drink alcohol or milk and avoid fruit, green vegetables and spicy or fatty foods. These items tend to aggravate diarrhea.
Do not use Imodium if you:
• Are constipated or your abdomen is swollen or have abdominal pain;
• Are taking prescription drugs that may cause constipation such as anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medications;
• Are taking antibiotics or have ulcerative colitis;
• Are sensitive to one of the ingredients or to any other component of this formulation;
• Get any unusual symptoms or your diarrhea gets worse;
• Have a bacterial infection in your digestive system, or suspect food-poisoning due to bacterial contamination;
• Have blood in the stools or you have a fever;
• Have an inflammation of the lower bowel.
Before taking Imodium, inform your doctor if you:
• Are pregnant or nursing a baby (Imodium is not recommended for nursing mothers because small amounts of loperamide can end up in your milk);
• Have meningitis or liver disease, as you may need medical supervision while taking Imodium;
Tell your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist about all the medicines you take, including drugs prescribed by other doctors, vitamins, minerals, natural supplements, or alternative medicines because some drugs should not be taken together. Tell your doctor if you are taking:
• Drugs that slow down the action of the stomach and intestines (for example, some antidepressants and cold and allergy medication), because these can make the effect of Imodium too strong;
• Gemfibrozil (used to lower cholesterol);
• Itraconazole or ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infections);
• Oral desmopressin (used to treat excessive urination);
• Quinidine (used to treat abnormal heart rhythms);
• Ritonavir (used to treat HIV)
Imodium Storage and Safety Information
Store Imodium at room temperature between 15 and 30°C. Keep out of reach and sight of children.
Latest Blog PostIs There a Link Between COVID Stress and IBS?
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.