How and Where to Buy Revatio Online?
You can buy Revatio online through our Canadian International Pharmacy at huge savings. We offer RX and OTC medications
online with a valid prescription from your doctor. At Canadian Pharmacy World, your health is our priority. You can place the order online, by mail, by fax or toll-free over the telephone at 1866-485-7979.
Are There Alternative Names for the Brand and Generic Revatio?
The brand Revatio comes from Turkey manufactured by Pfizer. The generic equivalent of Revatio is Sildenafil Citrate and comes from India also called Assurans manufactured by Cipla. We also carry the generic from Canada also called ratio-Sildenafil R by Teva.
What Dosages and Forms is Revatio available in?
The generic equivalent of Revatio (Sildenafil Citrate) is available as tablets in the dosage form of 20 mg.
What is Revatio used for?
Revatio is used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension
(high blood pressure in the blood vessels between the heart and the lungs) in adults of 18 years of age or above. Revatio also improves the ability to exercise and slows down the worsening of your physical condition and symptoms of pulmonary hypertension. In pulmonary arterial hypertension, the blood pressure in the lungs is too high. Your heart has to work hard to pump the blood into your lungs. Revatio belongs to a class of drugs known as phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors. It brings down the pulmonary (lung) blood pressure by widening and relaxing these blood vessels. Always take Revatio exactly as prescribed by your doctor. The usual recommended dose of Revatio is 20 mg three times a day (taken 6 to 8 hours apart), swallowed with or without food.
What Are The Possible Side Effects of Revatio?
Some of the common side effects of Revatio include a headache, facial flushing, indigestion, back pain, diarrhea, nausea, pain in extremities, flu-like symptoms, difficulty sleeping, muscle aches. Some serious side effects of this medication include a sudden decrease or loss of hearing, blurred vision, cough, nosebleed, fever, shortness of breath, seizure, temporary memory loss, serious skin reactions, an erection lasting for more than 4 hours. These are not all the possible side effects of Revatio. In case of any unexpected effect, consult your healthcare professional as soon as possible.
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions for Revatio?
A small number of patients might experience dizziness or altered vision. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery until you know how you are affected by this medication.
Grapefruit juice may affect Revatio blood levels. You should avoid taking grapefruit juice with Revatio. Alcohol can react with Revatio. It may increase the heart rate, decrease standing blood pressure, cause dizziness and headache. You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Revatio.
Do not use Revatio if you:
• Are allergic to sildenafil citrate or any other ingredients present in Revatio
• Are taking any medicines that contain nitrates in any form (oral, sublingual [under the tongue], skin patch or by inhalation. Nitrates are found in many prescriptions that are used to treat angina such as Nitroglycerin, isosorbide mononitrate and isosorbide dinitrate. If you take Revatio with any nitrate-containing medicine or any nitrate, your blood pressure could suddenly drop to a life-threatening level. You could get dizzy, faint, or even have a heart attack or stroke.
• Suffer from a loss of vision in one or both the eyes due to an eye disease called non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION)
• Take drugs like ketoconazole, itraconazole, ritonavir
• Have pulmonary hypertension due to sickle cell anemia (abnormality of red blood cells)
• Have a severe liver disease
• Have a recent history of stroke or heart attack or life-threatening arrhythmia (a heart rhythm disorder)
• Have a coronary artery disease (heart vessel disease) which causes unstable angina
• Have severe hypotension (low blood pressure) when you start taking Revatio
• Take guanylate cyclase stimulators, such as riociguat (Adempas)
Before taking Revatio, inform your doctor if you:
• Have high blood pressure in your lung arteries (pulmonary veno-occlusive disease)
• Have had temporary, decrease or permanent loss of vision in one or both the eyes due to an eye disease called non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION)
• Have heart problems (such as irregular heartbeats, angina, chest pain, or had a heart attack or stroke)
• Have low or high blood pressure
• Have liver or kidney problems
• Have blood problems including sickle cell anemia or leukemia
• Have a deformed penis or ever had an erection lasting for more than 4 hours
• Have stomach ulcers or any type of bleeding problems
• Have an eye disease called retinitis pigmentosa
• Are taking an alpha-blocker (A drug used to treat high blood pressure or prostate problems)
• Are pregnant or breastfeeding
• Are taking bosentan therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension
• Are taking products such as Viagra (Sildenafil), Cialis, Levitra
It is important to tell your healthcare professional about all other medicines that you have taken recently including any kind of supplements and non-prescription drugs. Some medications that can interact with Revatio include:
• Nitrates used to treat angina
• Products such as Viagra (sildenafil), Cialis, Levitra, Adcirca and Staxyn, and other vasodilators
• Alpha-Blockers (e.g. doxazosin), drugs used to treat high blood pressure or prostate problems
• Beta-Blockers and amlodipine, drugs used to treat high blood pressure
• Bosentan therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension
• Calcium channel blockers (e.g. amlodipine, verapamil) drugs used to treat high blood pressure, angina and abnormal heart rhythms
• Ketoconazole or itraconazole to treat fungal infections
• Ritonavir and saquinavir or other drugs used for the treatment of HIV
• Cimetidine (a drug generally used to treat duodenal or gastric problems)
• Erythromycin, clarithromycin, and telithromycin (drugs used to treat bacterial infections)
• Nefazodone (a drug used to treat depression)
• St. John’s Wort used to treat depression
Revatio Storage and Safety Information
The medication should be stored at a temperature between 15°C and 30°C, in the original package. It should be kept out of sight and reach of children.
Blog PostUsing a Canadian Online Pharmacy: The Solution to America's High Prescription Drug Prices?
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.