* The product images are for reference only. Generic equivalents may also be supplied by alternate manufacturers.
How and Where to Buy Zocor Online?
You can buy Zocor online through our Canadian International Pharmacy at huge savings. We offer RX and OTC medications online with a valid prescription from your doctor. At Canadian Pharmacy World, your health is our priority. You can place the order online, by mail, by fax or toll-free over the telephone at 1866-485-7979.
Are There Alternative Names for the Brand and Generic Zocor?
Zocor is a cholesterol medication
that comes from Canada, Australia and New Zealand manufactured by Merck. The generic form of Zocor is simvastatin and it comes from Canada by Teva and United Kingdom by different manufacturers.
What Dosages and Forms is Zocor available in?
The brand Zocor is available in dosage forms of 10 mg, 20 mg and 40 mg in blister packages of 28 tablets. The generic version of Zocor (Simvastatin) is available in 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, 40 mg and 80 mg dosage forms in the packing of 100 tablets.
What is Zocor used for?
Zocor is prescribed to lower the levels of cholesterol and fatty substances in the blood called as triglycerides. This helps to reduce the health risks associated with coronary heart disease (CHD), as elevated levels of cholesterol can lead to clogging of the blood vessels (atherosclerosis) that carry oxygen and nutrients to heart and lead to CHD. Zocor also helps to reduce the risk of heart attack or stroke. Zocor (simvastatin) belongs to a class of drugs known as HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors or statins. This medication helps to block the enzyme which is necessary for the body to make cholesterol. Zocor causes reduced production of cholesterol from the liver. Along with the medication, your doctor will also prescribe a diet and other measures such as exercise and weight control to reduce cholesterol levels. Zocor has not been studied for use in children under the age of 10 years.
What Are The Possible Side Effects of Zocor?
Some of the common side effects of Zocor include diarrhea, gas, constipation, stomach upset, nausea, abdominal pain, skin rashes, headache, poor memory, loss of memory, confusion, trouble sleeping, depression, breathing problems such as a persistent cough or shortness of breath, fever, erectile dysfunction. Some side effects reported with other statins include nightmares, sleep disturbances. Other side effects of Zocor include increased blood sugar with frequent urination, thirst and hunger, allergic reaction, brown or discolored urine, liver disorder, generalized weakness, unexplained muscle pain, muscle tenderness and muscle weakness, blurred vision. When starting with Zocor, at any time if you feel muscle problems such as weakness, tenderness or pain, contact your doctor right away. These are not all the possible side effects of Zocor. In case of any unexpected effect, consult your healthcare professional as soon as possible.
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions for Zocor?
It is important to avoid alcohol while you are taking Zocor or let your doctor know if you are drinking two or more than two alcoholic drinks in a day. Consuming alcohol while taking Zocor can increase the chances of developing liver problems.
Grapefruit and grapefruit juice can interact with simvastatin and lead to dangerous effects. Also, avoid eating foods that contain large amounts of fats or cholesterol while taking simvastatin.
Do not use Zocor if you:
• Are allergic to simvastatin or any other ingredients present in Zocor
• Have an active liver disease
• Are pregnant or breastfeeding
• Taking any of the below-mentioned medications:
-Antifungal drugs such as itraconazole, ketoconazole, posaconazole, or voriconazole
- HIV protease inhibitors such as indinavir, nelfinavir, ritonavir, and saquinavir
- Hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors such as boceprevir or telaprevir
- Some antibiotics such as erythromycin, clarithromycin, or telithromycin
- Nefazodone (an antidepressant medicine)
- Medicines containing cobicistat
- Cyclosporine (an immunosuppressant)
- Gemfibrozil (a fibric acid medicine used to lower cholesterol)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure if your medicine is listed above.
Before taking Zocor, inform your doctor if you:
• Are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding
• Have thyroid problems
• Drink three or more than three alcoholic drinks daily
• Are taking any other cholesterol-lowering agent such as fibrates (gemfibrozil, fenofibrate), ezetimibe or niacin
• Are taking any other prescription or over the counter medications including any natural health products
• Have a family history of a muscular disease
• Have liver or kidney diseases
• Have diabetes as Zocor may slightly increase your blood sugar
• Had any past problems with muscles (such as pain or tenderness) after using HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors ("statin") such as atorvastatin (Lipitor), fluvastatin (Lescol), lovastatin, pravastatin (Pravachol) or rosuvastatin (Crestor), or have developed an allergy or intolerance to them
• Have undergone surgery or any other tissue injury
• Do excessive physical exercise
• Are of child-bearing age as cholesterol compounds are required for the growth and development of a fetus. Cholesterol-lowering agents like Zocor can harm the fetus. If you are of child-bearing age, discuss with your doctor about the potential dangers to the fetus and birth control methods
• Become pregnant. Zocor should not be used by pregnant women. If you become pregnant discontinue the medicine immediately and consult your doctor
• Are an Asian
It is important to tell your healthcare professional about all other medicines that you have taken recently including any kind of supplements and non-prescription drugs. Some medications that can interact with Zocor include:
• Antifungal drugs such as itraconazole, ketoconazole, posaconazole, or voriconazole
• HIV protease inhibitors such as indinavir, nelfinavir, ritonavir, and saquinavir
• Hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors such as boceprevir or telaprevir
• Some antibiotics such as erythromycin, clarithromycin, or telithromycin and fusidic acid (intravenous or oral)
• Nefazodone (an antidepressant medicine)
• Medicines containing cobicistat
• Cyclosporine (an immunosuppressant)
• Other cholesterol-lowering medicines such as fibrates (gemfibrozil, fenofibrate), niacin or ezetimibe. Taking these drugs together with Zocor can increase your risk of developing muscle disease with aching and weakness.
• Amiodarone (a medicine used for the treatment of irregular heartbeat)
• Verapamil, or diltiazem, or amlodipine (drugs used to treat high blood pressure, angina, or other heart conditions)
• Lomitapide (a drug used to treat a serious and rare genetic cholesterol condition)
• Grapefruit juice
• Anticoagulants such as warfarin
• Colchicine (a medicine used to treat gout)
• Digoxin (a medicine used to treat heart problems)
Zocor Storage and Safety Information
The medication should be stored at a temperature between 15°C and 30°C, protected from moisture, heat, and light. It should be kept out of sight and reach of children.
Blog PostThanks to Trump, Prescription Drug TV Ads Now Have to Disclose Prices
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.