* The product images are for reference only. Generic equivalents may also be supplied by alternate manufacturers.
How and Where to Buy Zomig Rapimelt Online?
You can buy Zomig Rapimelt and other Migraine Medications
online through our Canadian International Pharmacy at huge savings. We offer RX and OTC medications online with a valid prescription from your doctor. At Canadian Pharmacy World, your health is our priority. You can place the order online, by mail, by fax or toll-free over the telephone at 1866-485-7979.
Are There Alternative Names for the Brand and Generic Zomig Rapimelt?
Zomig Rapimelt is available from Canada and United Kingdom manufactured by AstraZeneca. The generic equivalent of Zomig Rapimelt is Zolmitriptan and comes from Canada by PharmaScience or Sandoz or Teva and from United Kingdom by a different manufacturer. It is an anti-migraine drug.
What Dosages and Forms is Zomig Rapimelt available in?
Zomig Rapimelt is available as orally dispersible tablets of 2.5 mg in blister packs containing 6 tablets.
What is Zomig Rapimelt used for?
Zomig Rapimelt belongs to a group of anti-migraine drugs called 5-HT1 agonists. Zomig Rapimelt is used to relieve your migraine headache and other associated symptoms of a migraine attack. Migraine headache is believed to be caused by a widening of the blood vessels in the head. Zomig Rapimelt narrows the vessels and relieves the pain and other symptoms of migraine headache. Zomig Rapimelt should not be used continuously to prevent or reduce the number of attacks you experience. Use Zomig Rapimelt only to treat an actual migraine headache attack. The usual dosage is 2.5 mg, or lower if recommended by your doctor. The Zomig Rapimelt 2.5 mg orally dispersible tablets cannot be broken in half. The dose should be taken as soon as your migraine appears, but it may be taken at any time during your migraine headache. For Zomig Rapimelt orally dispersible tablets, the blister pack should be peeled open as shown on the foil (tablets should not be pushed through the foil). The Zomig Rapimelt tablet should be placed on the tongue, where it will dissolve with the saliva. Water is not needed for the dispersible tablet. A second dose may be taken if your headache returns, but not sooner than 2 hours following the first tablet. For any attack where you have no response to the first dose, do not take a second dose without first consulting your doctor. Do not administer more than 10 mg in any 24-hour period.
What Are The Possible Side Effects of Zomig Rapimelt?
Some of the common side effects of Zomig Rapimelt include include feeling sick, vomiting, dizziness, tiredness, weakness, muscle aches and pains, difficulty swallowing, dry mouth, headache, stomach pain and increase in production of urine, discomfort from the nose, nose bleed, spasm of the blood vessels of heart and stomach. Some of the serious side effects of this medication include irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath, wheezing, heart throbbing, sensation of chest pain, pressure or tightness, shortness of breath and sweating, sudden or severe abdominal pain or diarrhea, allergic reactions, sensation of tingling, heat, pressure or heaviness, fast heart rate, temporary increase in blood pressure. These are not all the possible side effects of Zomig Rapimelt. In case of any unexpected effect, consult your healthcare professional immediately.
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions for Zomig Rapimelt?
Zomig Rapimelt can lead to drowsiness. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery until you are sure that you are not drowsy.
Do not take Zomig Rapimelt if you:
• Are allergic to zolmitriptan or any ingredients in the medication
• Have a history, or any symptoms or signs of a heart condition
• Suffer from chest pain, occurring either on exertion or at rest
• Have severe or uncontrolled hypertension
• Are taking or have recently taken (within 24 hours) an ergotamine containing or ergot-like drug, or another triptan used to treat migraines
• Have another type of headache that is different from a migraine attack
• Are taking or have recently taken (within 2 weeks) a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)
• Zomig tablets contain lactose which is a type of sugar. If you have been told by your doctor that you cannot tolerate or digest milk or some sugars, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
Before taking Zomig Rapimelt, be sure to tell your doctor if you:
• Are pregnant or might be pregnant or trying to become pregnant
• Are breastfeeding
• Have experienced any pain or tightness in the chest, shortness of breath or irregular heartbeats
• Have angina, heart disease or blood vessel disease
• Have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, smoking, obesity or diabetes
• Are post-menopausal or a male over 40
• Are taking any other migraine 5-HT1 agonist medications such as sumatriptan succinate, or migraine medications containing ergotamine, dihydroergotamine, or methysergide
• Are taking any medications for depression such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI’s), for example, fluoxetine hydrochloride, or serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), for example, venlafaxine hydrochloride, or monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), for example, phenelzine sulfate, or moclobemide
• Have experienced numbness on one side of the body while having a headache
• Have epilepsy or seizures
• Have or had liver disease
• Are over the age of 65 years
• Have headaches different from usual migraine attacks
• Are taking cimetidine or antibiotics like ciprofloxacin
It is important to tell your healthcare professional about all other medicines that you have taken recently including any kind of supplements and non-prescription drugs.
Medications that can interact with Zomig Rapimelt include:
• Any other migraine 5-HT1 agonist medications such as sumatriptan succinate, or migraine medications containing ergotamine, dihydroergotamine, or methysergide
• Any medications for depression such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI’s), for example, fluoxetine hydrochloride, or serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), for example, venlafaxine hydrochloride, or monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), for example, phenelzine sulfate, or moclobemide
• Cimetidine (used to treat indigestion)
• Antibiotics like ciprofloxacin used to treat infections
Zomig Rapimelt Storage and Safety Information
The medication should be stored at a temperature between 15-30°C, away from direct heat. It should be kept out of reach and sight of children.
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.