How and Where to Buy Loestrin Online?
You can buy Loestrin online through our Canadian International Pharmacy at huge savings. We offer RX and OTC medications online with a valid prescription from your doctor. At Canadian Pharmacy World, your health is our priority. You can place the order online, by mail, by fax or toll-free over the telephone at 1866-485-7979.
Are There Alternative Names for the Brand and Generic Loestrin?
Loestrin comes from United Kingdom and is manufactured by Galen. It contains two active ingredients norethindrone acetate and ethinyl estradiol. There is no generic available for this medication.
What Dosages and Forms is Loestrin available in?
Loestrin is available as tablets in the dosage forms of 1/20 mcg and 1.5/30 mcg. Each 1/20 mcg white tablet contains 1 mg norethindrone acetate and 20 mcg ethinyl estradiol, and each 1.5/30 mcg green tablet contains 1.5 mg norethindrone acetate and 30 mcg ethinyl estradiol. All the brown tablets contain 75 mg ferrous fumarate.
What is Loestrin used for?
Loestrin is a birth control pill and is used to prevent pregnancy. It contains two female sex hormones – an estrogen and a progestin. Birth control pills
work in two ways, by inhibiting the release of an egg by the ovaries and by changing the mucus produced by the cervix which slows the movement of the sperm through the mucus and the uterus. A complete medical examination and family history is necessary before birth control pills are prescribed. A physical examination should include measuring blood pressure and examining the breasts, abdomen, pelvic organs, and limbs. A second visit to your doctor should take place three months or sooner after starting birth control pills. During this visit, any side effects should be evaluated and your blood pressure checked again. Afterward, an annual examination similar to the first visit is recommended. A Pap smear is usually taken before starting birth control pills and then at intervals recommended by your doctor.
What Are The Possible Side Effects of Loestrin?
Some of the common side effects of Loestrin include tenderness of breasts, nausea and vomiting, weight gain or weight loss, unexpected vaginal bleeding or spotting, changes in usual menstrual period, growth of pre-existing fibroid tumors of uterus, mental depression, liver problems with jaundice, increase or decrease in hair growth, sex drive or appetite, skin pigmentation, headache, rash, vaginal infections. Other serious side effects of Loestrin include blood clots in the legs, lungs, heart, eyes, or brain, breast cancer, gall bladder disease and liver tumor. These are not all the possible side effects of Loestrin. In case of any unexpected effect, consult your healthcare professional immediately.
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions for Loestrin?
Do not take Loestrin if you:
• Have unusual vaginal bleeding that has not yet been diagnosed
• Have blood clots in the legs, lungs, eyes or elsewhere
• Have or had a stroke, heart attack or chest pain (angina pectoris)
• Have known or suspected cancer of the breast or sex organs
• Have liver tumor associated with the use of the pill or other estrogen-containing products
• Have jaundice or liver disease
• Are pregnant or suspected to be pregnant
Before taking Loestrin, inform your doctor if you:
• Have breast conditions, a strong history of breast cancer, breast disorders including pain, discharge from the nipples, thickenings, or lumps.
• Have diabetes, high blood pressure
• Have abnormal levels of fats in the bloodstream (high cholesterol or triglycerides)
• Smoke cigarette
• Suffer from migraine headaches
• Have a heart or kidney disease
• Suffer from epilepsy, mental depression
• Have fibroid tumors of the uterus
• Have gallbladder or pancreatic disease
• Have any plans for forthcoming surgery
• Have a history of jaundice or other liver disease
• Have a family history of blood clots, heart attacks or strokes
It is important to tell your healthcare professional about all other medicines that you have taken recently including any kind of supplements and non-prescription drugs. Some medications that can interact with Loestrin include:
• Rifampin (anti-tuberculosis medication)
• Anticonvulsants such as phenobarbital, phenytoin, carbamazepine
• Troglitazone (an anti-diabetic)
• Antibiotics such as ampicillin, tetracycline, and griseofulvin
• Atorvastatin (cholesterol-lowering drug)
• Ascorbic acid
• Prednisolone (a corticosteroid)
• Theophylline (used to treat asthma)
• Cyclosporine (used to prevent organ rejection after transplant)
Loestrin Storage and Safety Information
Loestrin should be stored below 30°C. Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.