* The product images are for reference only. Generic equivalents may also be supplied by alternate manufacturers.
How and Where to Buy Lupron Depot Online?
You can buy Lupron Depot online through our Canadian International Pharmacy at huge savings. We offer RX and OTC medications online with a valid prescription from your doctor. At Canadian Pharmacy World, your health is our priority. You can place the order online, by mail, by fax or toll-free over the telephone at 1866-485-7979.
Are There Alternative Names for the Brand and Generic Lupron Depot?
Lupron Depot is a prostate medication (BPH
and is available from Canada manufactured by Abbvie. We also carry the brand from Turkey also called Lucrin manufactured by Abbott. The generic of Lupron Depot is Leuprolide Acetate and it is available from India also called Lupride Depot manufactured by Sun Pharma.
What Dosages and Forms is Lupron Depot available in?
Lupron Depot is available in the dosage forms of 3.75 mg, 7.5 mg, 11.25 mg, 22.5 and 30 mg.
What is Lupron Depot used for?
Lupron Depot is used for the symptomatic treatment of prostate cancer. Lupron Depot contains Leuprolide acetate which is chemically similar to gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH or LHRH). These are the hormones that occur naturally in the body and they are released in small amounts which leads to events stimulating the production of sex hormones. However, when Lupron Depot is injected, the normal events that lead to sex hormone production are interrupted and testosterone is no longer produced by the testes. Decreased levels of testosterone lead to decreased symptoms associated with prostate cancer. It is important to note that this medication is for palliative care and is not a cure for the disease.
What Are The Possible Side Effects of Lupron Depot?
Some of the common side effects of Lupron Depot occur due to decreasing levels of testosterone in the body and include general pain or flu-like symptoms, hot flashes/sweats, joint and muscle pain, emotional changes such as feeling depressed, local skin reaction causing redness, itching and burning at the injection site. Some other side effects of this medication include a decrease in the size of testes, headache, a decrease in libido, convulsions, severe bone pain, pain in abdomen or chest, new or worsening of shortness of breath especially on exertion, and serious liver injury. During the first few weeks of treatment with Lupron Depot, you may experience worsening of symptoms or onset of new symptoms, including bone pain, the presence of blood in the urine or difficulty urinating. These are not all the possible side effects of Lupron Depot. In case of any unexpected effect, consult your healthcare professional as soon as possible.
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions for Lupron Depot?
Lupron Depot contains lactose (milk sugar) and a small number of milk proteins. It is possible that allergic reactions may happen in patients who have a severe milk protein allergy.
Do not use Lupron Depot if you:
• Are allergic to leuprolide acetate, any similar nonapeptides (such as histrelin, desorelin) or any other ingredients in Lupron Depot
• Are a woman who is or may become pregnant
• Are a woman who is breastfeeding
Before taking Lupron Depot, inform your doctor if you:
• Are allergic to any components of the medication
• Have the previous history of difficulty in urinating due to a block in the urinary tract
• Have a family history of osteoporosis or use drugs that reduce bone mass such as anticonvulsants, corticosteroids, alcohol or tobacco
• Have had seizures, epilepsy, cerebrovascular disorder, central nervous system disorders or brain tumor
• Are taking medications associated with convulsions such as bupropion, or any other selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI)
• Have a history of heart disease or a genetic heart condition called long QT syndrome
• Have high blood sugar
• Have low red blood cell counts
It is important to tell your healthcare professional about all other medicines that you have taken recently including any kind of supplements and non-prescription drugs. Some of the medications that interact with Lupron Depot include:
• Medicines used to treat heart rhythm such as quinidine, disopyramide
• Medicines used to treat schizophrenia such as chlorpromazine
• Medicines to treat depression such as amitriptyline, nortriptyline
• Morphine-like medicines (such as methadone)
• Certain antibiotics and antimicrobials such as erythromycin, clarithromycin
• Antimalarials such as quinine
• Antifungals such as ketoconazole
• Medicines used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy, radiation therapy and surgery such as ondansetron
• Medicines used for the relief of bronchospasm in conditions like asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease such as salbutamol
Lupron Depot Storage and Safety Information
Lupron Depot medication should be stored at a room temperature between 15°C to 20°C, protected from freezing. It should be kept out of the reach and sight of children.
Blog PostCan Marriage Survive Impotence? New Generic Levitra May Save Your RelationshipNew Generic Sildenafil: What Does It Mean for You?
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.