* The product images are for reference only. Generic equivalents may also be supplied by alternate manufacturers.
How and Where to Buy Monovisc Online?
You can buy Monovisc or buy Hyalgan
online through our Canadian International Pharmacy at huge savings. We offer RX and OTC medications online with a valid prescription from your doctor. At Canadian Pharmacy World, your health is our priority. You can place the order online, by mail, by fax or toll-free over the telephone at 1866-485-7979.
Are There Alternative Names for the Brand and Generic Monovisc?
Monovisc comes from Canada and is manufactured by Anika Therapeutics, Inc. and is a sterile, viscoelastic single intra-articular injection of sodium hyaluronate designed to treat the symptoms of osteoarthritis. We may sometimes carry the brand Monovisc from Turkey manufactured by Anika. There is no generic available for this medication.
What Dosages and Forms is Monovisc available in?
Monovisc is available as a single 4 mL injection. 4 mL. Each mL of Monovisc contains 20 mg/mL of lightly cross-linked sodium hyaluronate (NaHA) dissolved in phosphate buffered saline.
What is Monovisc used for?
Monovisc is indicated for the treatment of pain in osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee in patients who have failed to respond to conservative non-pharmacologic therapies such as physiotherapy or to simple analgesics such as acetaminophen. Monovisc is a single-dose preparation. The recommended dose of the injection is 4 mL (one syringe) per knee joint. Monovisc is injected through a sterile, disposable, hypodermic needle of suitable gauge into the selected point. The sterile needle should be attached to the Monovisc syringe by a health care professional using sterile techniques. Common needle gauges for injections into the knee are 18-21 gauge. The syringe is to be used for single injection only and Monovisc should be injected into the patient’s knee joint by a health care professional only. The safety and effectiveness of Monovisc injection has not been established in joints other than knee. You may also buy Orthovisc
and other osteoarthritis medications
What Are The Possible Side Effects of Monovisc?
Some of the common side effects of Monovisc include pain in joint, mild to moderate episodes of transient joint swelling and discomfort, injection site pain, infections and bleeding. Incidences of rash, headache, dizziness, chills, hives, itching, nausea, muscle cramps, peripheral edema, and a general feeling of discomfort have also been reported in association with intra-articular injections These are not all the possible side effects of Monovisc. In case of any unexpected effect, consult your healthcare professional immediately.
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions for Monovisc?
As with any invasive joint procedure, it is recommended that patients avoid strenuous or prolonged (i.e., more than one hour) weight-bearing activities such as running or tennis within 48 hours following the intra-articular injection.
Do not take Monovisc injection if you:
• Have known allergy to hyaluronic acid-based products or gram-positive bacterial proteins
• Have pre-existing infections of the skin region of the intended injection site
• Have known infection of the index joint
• Have known systemic bleeding disorders
• Have known allergy to any of the materials contained in Monovisc
General precautions for Monovisc Injection
• Do not concomitantly use disinfectants containing quaternary ammonium salts for skin preparation as hyaluronan can precipitate in their presence
• Strict sterile injection technique should be used during injection with Monvisc
• The pre-filled syringe is for single use only. The contents of the syringe should be used immediately after opening. Any unused Monovisc should be discarded.
• Do not use Monovisc injection of the package has been opened or damaged
• Only medical professionals trained in accepted injection techniques should inject Monovisc in patients
• If pain increases during the injection procedure, the injection should be stopped and the needle withdrawn
• Monovisc has not been tested in pregnant or lactating women. It is not known whether Monovisc is excreted in human milk. The effect of repeated injections of Monovisc has not been tested
• The safety and effectiveness of Monovisc have also not been tested in children
It is important to tell your healthcare professional about all other medicines that you have taken recently including any kind of supplements and non-prescription drugs.
Monovisc Storage and Safety Information
Monovisc should be stored at a temperature between 2°C and 25°C. Do not freeze the injection. Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Blog PostWhy Should You Care About Drug Price Negotiation?Knee Injections That Could Ease Your Osteoarthritis Pain
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.