* The product images are for reference only. Generic equivalents may also be supplied by alternate manufacturers.
How and Where to Buy Multaq Online?
Are you ready to place an order for Multaq? As long as you have a valid prescription from your doctor, you can order it right here on www.CanadianPharmacyWorld.com. We also have pharmacy technicians who would be happy to assist you, should you like to speak with someone about the medication. You can also check out our FAQ
if you have any further questions.
Are there Alternative Names for the Brand and Generic Multaq?
Multaq is the brand name drug manufactured by Sanofi Aventis and the generic equivalent is called dronedarone.
What Dosages and Forms is Multaq available in?
We only carry the brand name Multaq in the 400 mg dosage. This medication comes from Canada or the United Kingdom.
What is Multaq used for?
Multaq is a medication used to treat heart rhythm disorders such as atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter. It keeps a heart beating normally in patients who have these disorders, as well as risk factors such as diabetes, high blood pressure, history of stroke, and being over 70 years old. Ideally, this medication will reduce the risk of hospitalization for atrial fibrillation.
This medication should only be used for temporary atrial fibrillation, and not permanent atrial fibrillation due to the risk of very serious side effects.
What are the Possible Side Effects of Multaq?
Most medications will come with side effects. Before deciding if Multaq is right for you, take a closer look at what you might expect.
Here are some of the most common side effects that come with taking Multaq:
• Stomach pain;
• Skin rash;
Contact your doctor immediately and ask them if you should stop taking Multaq, especially if you experience any of the following side effects:
• Shortness of breath (even with mild exertion);
• Swelling and/or rapid weight gain;
• Breathing problems while lying down;
• Severe dizziness;
• Feeling as though you may faint
• Fast or pounding heartbeats;
• Slow heart rates;
• New or worsening irregular heartbeats;
• Signs of kidney problems:
o Little to no urination
o Painful or difficult urination
o Blood in the urine
o Swelling of the ankles or feet
• Signs of liver problems:
o Upper stomach pain
o Loss of appetite
o Dark urine
o Clay-colored stools
Stop taking Multaq and seek help if you have any signs of allergic reaction, which includes:
• Difficulty breathing;
• Swelling of your lips, face, tongue, and/or throat
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions of Multaq?
Multaq can increase the risk of stroke, hospitalized heart failure, and even death for people with permanent atrial fibrillation. The risk of death while taking Multaq can double if you have any of the following heart conditions:
• If you’ve recently been hospitalized for heart failure;
• If you have a permanent atrial fibrillation that can’t be reverted back to a normal rhythm;
• If you currently have symptoms of heart failure: shortness of breath, swelling, rapid weight gain
You should not use the Multaq if you’re allergic to dronedarone or if you have any of the following:
• Severe liver disease;
• Certain heart conditions, particularly:
o Severe heart failure
o “AV” block
o Sinus syndrome (unless you have a pacemaker)
• History of slow heartbeats, leading to passing out;
• If you’re pregnant or nursing;
• If you have ever used amiodarone and it caused lung or liver problems
Be sure to talk to your doctor to determine if Multaq is safe for you, particularly if you have or have had the following:
• Kidney disease;
• Liver disease;
• History of heart failure;
• An electrolyte imbalance (low potassium or magnesium in the blood, for example);
• If you have a pacemaker or defibrillator implanted in your chest
Some medications can have dangerous side effects with Multaq. We’re not able to show all the possible interactions, but here are the most notable drugs with interactions include:
• Antifungal medications;
• Anti-malaria medications;
• Medicines used to treat psychiatric disorders;
• Other heart rhythm medications;
• Tuberculosis medications;
• Cholesterol lowering medications;
• Heart or blood pressure medications;
• Blood thinners;
• HIV/AIDS and/or hepatitis C medications;
• Migraine medications;
• Seizure medications;
• Medicines used to treat psychiatric disorders
Be sure to talk to your doctor if you are using the above medication, and those you start or stop while on Multaq.
Multaq Storage and Safety Information
Store Multaq at room temperature away from extreme heat, light, and moisture.
Avoid grapefruits, grapefruit juice, and products containing grapefruit while on this medication, as it may cause unwanted side effects.
This medication is known to cause harm to an unborn baby and cause birth defects. Do not take this medication if you are pregnant or nursing.
Do not start or stop this medication without thoroughly discussing it with your doctor to determine whether or not it is the right medication for you. Stopping this medication suddenly could make your condition worse.
Seek emergency help or call Poison Control at 1-800-463-5060 immediately if you suspect an overdose.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Reference LinksCheck out our Blog
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.