* The product images are for reference only. Generic equivalents may also be supplied by alternate manufacturers.
How and Where to Buy Tegretol Online?
You can buy Tegretol online through our Canadian International Pharmacy at huge savings. We offer RX and OTC medications online with a valid prescription from your doctor. At Canadian Pharmacy World, your health is our priority. You can place the order online, by mail, by fax or toll-free over the telephone at 1866-485-7979.
Are There Alternative Names for the Brand and Generic Tegretol?
Tegretol comes from Canada and is manufactured by Novartis Pharmaceuticals. The generic equivalent Carbamazepine is also available from Canada also called Taro-Carbamazepine manufactured by Taro Pharmaceuticals.
What Dosages and Forms is Tegretol available in?
Tegretol is available as a tablet in the dosage form of 200 mg and as an oral suspension with the dosage form of 20 mg/mL. The suspension contains 100 mg of carbamazepine in 5 mL. The generic equivalent of Tegretol is available as the chewable tablet of 100 mg and as a normal tablet in the dosage form of 200 mg.
What is Tegretol used for?
Tegretol is indicated for reducing the number of seizures in epilepsy. It is also used for providing relief from the pain of trigeminal neuralgia and treatment of acute mania or bipolar disorder. This medication belongs to a class of drugs known as anticonvulsants which are used for treating epilepsy. If you have any questions about how Tegretol works or why this medicine has been prescribed to you, ask your healthcare professional.
What Are The Possible Side Effects of Tegretol?
Tegretol can lead to certain side effects. Some of the side effects of this medication include purple or reddish bumps which may be itchy, trembling, uncontrolled movement of body, muscle spasm, loss of muscle coordination, weakness, agitation or hostility (especially in the elderly), depression, restlessness, nervousness, or other mood, mental changes, behavioral changes, confusion, headache, loss of memory, blurring of vision, double vision, itching with redness and swelling of the eye (conjunctivitis), uncontrolled movements of the eye, difficulty while speaking, slurring of speech, taste disturbances, dry mouth, red and sore tongue, mouth sores, ringing or unexplained sounds in ears, decreased hearing, numbness, tingling in hands or feet, unusual secretion of breast milk, breast enlargement in men, sexual disturbances (erectile dysfunction), male fertility, increased sensitivity of skin to sun, alterations in skin pigmentation, acne, increased sweating, reactivation of herpes virus infection (can be serious when the immune system is depressed), complete loss of nails, loss of hair, excessive body and facial hair, vomiting, nausea, loss of appetite, constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain, dizziness, sleepiness, unsteadiness, drowsiness, fatigue, weight gain, pain in joints and muscles. Long-term use of anticonvulsant drugs such as Tegretol can lead to decreased bone mineral density causing brittleness of bones or fractures. In case these side effects, affect you severely, contact your healthcare professional. Tegretol can also lead to abnormal blood test results. These are not all the possible side effects of Tegretol. In case of any unexpected effect, consult your healthcare professional as soon as possible.
Inform your healthcare professional immediately in case of the following:
• You experience an allergic reaction such as fever, lymph node swelling, rash or skin blistering.
• You experience an increase in the number of seizures
• You experience any side effects like drowsiness, headache, unsteadiness on the feet, double vision, dizziness, nausea or vomiting
• You have thoughts of harming or killing yourself. A small number of patients being treated with anti-epileptic medications have reported having such thoughts or behavior.
• You experience kidney problems associated with low sodium blood levels or if you have kidney problems and are also taking medications that lower the blood sodium levels such as diuretics like hydrochlorothiazide, furosemide.
Are there any Precautions and Drug interactions for Tegretol?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medication. Do not drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit since this can increase the effect of Tegretol. Tegretol can cause dizziness, drowsiness, sleepiness, blurred vision or double vision, affect your muscle coordination or alertness. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking this medication until you are sure that you are not experiencing these symptoms.
Do not use Tegretol if you:
• Are allergic to carbamazepine or any other ingredients present in this medication
• Are allergic to other tricyclic medications like as amitriptyline, trimipramine, imipramine
• Have severe heart disease
• Have liver problems
• Have a history of bone marrow depression
• Have had serious blood illness on the past
• Have a disturbance in the production of a pigment called as porphyrin (a pigment important for liver function and blood formation)
• You are taking medicines to treat depression especially monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
• Are taking drugs such as itraconazole or voriconazole for treatment of infections
• This medication should not be used to relieve trivial pain in the face or headaches
• Tegretol suspension contains sorbitol which may lead to stomach upset and diarrhea. Patients with rare hereditary problems of fructose intolerance should not take this medicine.
Before taking Tegretol, inform your doctor if you:
• Have liver or kidney problems
• Have heart diseases
• Have thyroid problems
• Have blood disorders
• Have a history or family history of bone disease or have taken antiepileptic medications (such as phenobarbital, phenytoin, primidone, oxcarbazepine, lamotrigine, sodium valproate and/or carbamazepine) for a prolonged period of time
• Are taking delavirdine, a medicine used to treat HIV infection
• Have allergies or if you ever had any unusual sensitivity to oxcarbazepine or other drugs used to treat your condition
• Are allergic to Tegretol
• Are pregnant. Your doctor may recommend that you take folic acid supplements before and during your pregnancy and vitamin during the last weeks of pregnancy. Your doctor may also recommend that the newborn receive vitamin K and be observed for any liver or gallbladder problems.
• Are planning to become pregnant, then discuss the potential benefits against any potential hazards of Tegretol
• Are woman taking hormonal contraceptives (birth control medicines). Tegretol may cause these hormones to be ineffective. Hence, you should use an additional non-hormonal method of contraception while taking Tegretol to prevent an unwanted pregnancy.
• Experience irregular vaginal bleeding or spotting
• Are breastfeeding. This medication passes into your breast milk. You must discuss the benefits of breastfeeding against any possible risks to the baby. If you decide to breastfeed, the baby must be observed for liver and gallbladder problems, drowsiness and allergic skin reactions.
• Are taking any other prescription or over the counter medications
• Consume alcohol
• Have increased pressure in the eye (glaucoma)
• Have difficulty passing urine (urinary retention)
• Suffer from mental problems, a mental disorder called psychosis that may be accompanied by confusion or agitation or have suicidal thoughts.
It is important to tell your healthcare professional about all other medicines that you have taken recently including any kind of supplements and non-prescription drugs. Medications that interact with Tegretol include:
• Hormonal contraceptives (birth control medicines). Tegretol may cause these hormones to be ineffective.
• Cimetidine (an antacid)
• Danazol (used to treat an overgrowth of the uterus lining, breast pain)
• Diltiazem, verapamil (medications used to treat heartbeat problems)
• Erythromycin, troleandomycin, clarithromycin, doxycycline, rifabutin. (antibiotics)
• Fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, nefazodone (antidepressants)
• Loratadine, terfenadine (used to treat the allergic condition)
• Isoniazid (a medication used to treat tuberculosis)
• Niacinamide, nicotinamide
• Ketoconazole, itraconazole, fluconazole (antifungal drugs)
• Valproate (a medication used to treat epilepsy and bipolar disorder)
• Grapefruit Juice
• Analgesics and anti-inflammatory agents such as paracetamol, tramadol
• Anticoagulants such as warfarin, apixaban
• Antiepileptic drugs such as oxcarbazepine, clobazam, clonazepam, ethosuximide, primidone, felbamate, lamotrigine, eslicarbazepine, zonisamide tiagabine, topiramate
• Anti-cancer drugs such as imatinib, irinotecan, gefitinib, cyclophosphamide, lapatinib, temsirolimus
• Antipsychotics such as clozapine, haloperidol and bromperidol, olanzapine, quetiapine
• Anti-viral medications such as indinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir
• Anti-anxiety medicines such as alprazolam, midazolam
• Anti-asthma drugs such as theophylline
• Corticosteroids such as prednisolone, dexamethasone
• Tadalafil (a drug used to treat erectile dysfunction)
• St. John’s Wort (a herbal supplement used to treat depression)
Tegretol Storage and Safety Information
Tegretol medication should be stored at room temperature, protected from humidity. Protect Tegretol suspension from light. It should be kept out of the reach and sight of children.
The content on this page has been supplied to canadianpharmacyworld.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. Canadianpharmacyworld.com relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us.
The drug information provided here is only a summary and does not contain all the list of possible side effects and drug interactions regarding this medication. Be sure to contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any specific question or concern. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a healthcare professional.
Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We are affiliated with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.